Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Been thinking of adding a sub, but i use my boot a lot, so space is important.

Have seen the Pioneer TS-WX77A which is flat and just lays in the boot. Its got pretty good reviews and it looks different.

Only thing i wanna know (as ive never installed a sub in a car before) is, can i just install it via the RCA connector sub output in my Kenwood 5240BT? Would save wiring it into the speaker wires. Being into Home Cinema, i find RCA inputs a joy for subs.

Also, do i connect the sub to the car battery? If so, How?

Told you i haven't done this before.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
If your Kenwood 5240BT has got RCA sockets on the back then yes.

The sub drags that much power it has to be connected directly to the battery (Positive only earth can be taken from the car body in the boot)

You will also need a power feed from the back off your car stereo to turn on your amp when the stereo is turned on or install a switch some where in the front so so you can turn the amp on or off when you want.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Thanks for the reply, vicar.

The sub comes with a remote controller that you feed through, then attach to the centre console of the motor. I'll look at the online manual to see if it has the on/off switch.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
293 Posts
the amplifier normally has the wire your on about caled a remote wire which ther eshould be a remote wire on the back of your head unit all you need to do is link them up so when the head unit is switched on so is the amp, also just use RCA leads and a nice big cable from the battery 4AWG normally favorate with a 60Amp fuse as close as possible to the battery... only just came in after fitting mine

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
QUOTE(LiamX8 @ 24 Jan 2010, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the amplifier normally has the wire your on about caled a remote wire which ther eshould be a remote wire on the back of your head unit all you need to do is link them up so when the head unit is switched on so is the amp, also just use RCA leads and a nice big cable from the battery 4AWG normally favorate with a 60Amp fuse as close as possible to the battery... only just came in after fitting mine

Post up some pics

·
Registered
293 Posts
will when its done completely i built my box and its a passive competition sub the box also accomadates all the wireing a battery and a power inverter for 250V and split charge system:)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
QUOTE(LiamX8 @ 24 Jan 2010, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>will when its done completely i built my box and its a passive competition sub the box also accomadates all the wireing a battery and a power inverter for 250V and split charge system:)
Nice i would not know where to start building one so i cheated and bought one off the net.

·
Registered
293 Posts
QUOTE(vicarofsheff @ 24 Jan 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice i would not know where to start building one so i cheated and bought one off the net.

its nothing special just a carpeted box fitted from one side of the boot to the other but does the job
..... pics to follow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts