Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a few people commenting on the hard ride in sport mode and the lack of a individual mode on the mk4 st. Does any one know if the adaptive suspension can be altered with an OBD scanner/reader (probably a expensive one)? It might be worth having a look into this? I don't have one or have access to one but would definitely invest in one if this was possible. May be someone out there has looked into this and it can't be done but it would be interesting to know. Thanks

·
Registered
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,479 Posts
So are the dampers always on the hard setting in sport and track mode ?

On the RS if you select track mode the default is the dampers are stiff but you can switch it off with a flick of the button on the indicator stalk. If you select sport mode the dampers are not stiff but again a flick of the button on the stalk stiffens them up.

If they are as stiff as the RS not good on the road cos you are like a nodding dog but useful on track.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
On my RS I've got a DSC sport controller which is a Plug N Play active suspension controller that replaces the OEM item. It comes pre-programmed for better handling and improved comfort. It removes the 'pogo' effect associated with the RS and provides improved grip and reduced squat, dive, and roll by gathering g-force, wheel speed, throttle position, and brake pressure and adjusts each individual damper in real time to optimise performance. You can also use the DSC Sport Tuning Software to custom tune the suspension to personal preferences.
Not sure if they do a version specifically for the Mk 4, but as it's a very similar platform it may be worth an inquiry to the manufacturer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts