Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all .i take delivery of my 3 door st next week . i have a car seat for my four year old daughter which will go in the back any members got kids and a 3 door st .how does it perform getting them in and out the back seat

·
Registered
484 Posts
ive a 3 door , no kids tho. the guy that had it before had a babyseat in it and as far as im aware no real problems. i have people in and out the ST and its no bother.

·
Registered
423 Posts
QUOTE(Rab ST @ 11 Feb 2010, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i have people in and out the ST and its no bother.

To me it is because i cant get my seats to go back to there original positions, so i have to slide them back all the time lol

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
to the club. 3drs and kids is not realy an issue. Just make sure that if the kids at the age where they can't get themselves into the back of the car that you are careful carrying the little one in. That way you wont do your back. I always step in rather than trying to bend and twist to get them into the seat. My other lad just climbs in himself now although stil have to click him in as he just can't quite do it himself.

Bet you can't wait. Make sure you get yourself joined up as an owner member - there is a wealth of knowledge and information on this site!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
when you pull the seat handle to move the back forward then push the back forward untill it clicks in position then when finished it should slide back to original position and then pull handle again and back should lock in position .
i was makeing this mistake when i first got ther car but soon got the knack of makeing sure it clicks and locks in position when putting back of seat forward ,if that makes sense .
hope this helps .

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
No probs, the 3dr is easier than a 5dr, wiht the 3 door you get in front of the car and lift the little one onto the seat rather than over it like you do with a 5dr etc.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
QUOTE(MST @ 11 Feb 2010, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
to the club. 3drs and kids is not realy an issue. Just make sure that if the kids at the age where they can't get themselves into the back of the car that you are careful carrying the little one in. That way you wont do your back. I always step in rather than trying to bend and twist to get them into the seat. My other lad just climbs in himself now although stil have to click him in as he just can't quite do it himself.

Bet you can't wait. Make sure you get yourself joined up as an owner member - there is a wealth of knowledge and information on this site!
thought of you mark when i read this
seen mark with the kids in the car and looks easy plenty of room so wont been needing to get rid of my
when me and the girlfriend decide on kids

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also depends on whether you've got the leather Recaro's. Can be a real pain in the *rse getting the seatbelt in as the seatpan is pretty narrow and the kiddie seat tends to sit on top of the belt attachment. I put one of my 3 & 6 yr olds in the front by preference if the wife ain't with me. The driver's seat sliding is a knack - again if its an ST3 with leather its a real push to get the backrest to lock forward so the seat slides back to its original position.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The doors on the 3door opens Epically Wide &#153; so there's no worry about being able to manoeuvre the poopfactories into the backseat

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've got a 3dr ST3 and two kids and don't have any problems at all really.

Its more just a case of getting used to the things you'll have to do to get them in and out
Get used to the knack you need to put your front seat forward and getting it back to its original position. I didnt even know they did that until I read it on here and put up with readjusting my seat for years!

If you get an ST3 you will struggle to get a child seat that fits in the sculptured back seat. I believe there are one or two that have a very narrow bottom on them but I personally didnt feel comfortable with that. One or two members had said theirs had toppled slightly on cornering hard and I didnt want that.
I imagined an average crash and thought there would be a good chance I might swerve just before an impact and would rather the seat be upright at point of impact rather than tipped over.

I get round the problem of the seat digging into the leather by putting a towel underneath it. It really is no big deal. Plus when they make a mess I just get a damp cloth and wipe them down. Their like new again. I cant imagine having cloth seats and small kids!

Mine are in the front facing booster types now (ages3-4 up) and the head rest on the back bench actually nicely clamps down over the top of the seat and adds extra stability.

Like previous posters have said, the doors are really big on the 3dr so theres more room than you think and i usually have to help them pop the belt in but I would probably do that anyway cos I'd want to make sure the belt is in properly so thats no big deal

Finally.. I get an extra feeling of security from them being in the back of my 3dr. no doors for them to mess with and no way of anyone opening them from the outside either. Someone has to get past me to get to them... I think that's a dad thing, you know what I mean?!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
xxbazzaxx - I found the recaro monza seatfix does the trick - isofix base so no toppling, slim base that allows seat belt to be clicked in (although my young 'un cant quite do it himself yet) but wide enough for him to be comfy. oh, and they come with built in speakers in the headrest so he can plug in his DS so keeps him
on longer runs.

weSTie - cheers mate and yes there is plenty of room so go for it mate - kids are ace
!

Gazza1969 - hope you get sorted

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanx everybody .after driving the st on the test drive everything family got forgot about . very helpful.

·
Registered
104 Posts
it is ok for me just ordered a 3dr because my kids are taller than 134cm. Then found out here in germany the kids have to be 150cm so a trip to find some monza's may be in order

1 - 14 of 14 Posts