Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in car and "acceleration reduced, engine system fault" come up on dash where the oddemeter is. No mil lights on and it's getting full boost in gear, doesn't seem anything wrong. Anyone had this problem and shed any light on it, cheers

·
Registered
176 Posts
Seen this twice before, turned out to need a new battery twice, leave the a&e running for awhile then key it off then restart it, if the message is gone I would say a battery is your best bet

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Left engine run and restarted it and message gone.thanks for advice guys , better start pricing a new battery up then cos need car for work. Cold weather not good for batteries

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
Neil

Id get your alternator checked out that its working ok before lashing out on a new battery, just to cover all areas

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Neil

Id get your alternator checked out that its working ok before lashing out on a new battery, just to cover all areas
Never even crossed my mind, will do firstly then go from there. £58 in Costco sounds a good deal, was thinking £100 + if it does turn out to be battery

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,087 Posts
Lived with this message happening for about 18 months with my last ST - just had to recharge the battery every couple of months, esp in the Winter.

If it causes 'limp-home mode', just turn off and re-start and it will clear.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Never even crossed my mind, will do firstly then go from there. £58 in Costco sounds a good deal, was thinking £100 + if it does turn out to be battery
Make sure it's the right kind of battery. I think the ST has some special kind of one. At least it's not as bad as the RS battery from Ford, something in the region of £170!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts