Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I've found someone selling an ABS pump, part number is 8M51 2C405 AA, whereas the part number for a 2005-7 ST is 6M5Y 2C405 AA. Reckon it will do the same job? The 8M51 signifies focus CMax or mk4 Focus (TDCi i'm led to believe), wheras the 2C405 means ABS pump, the suffix AA usually means a minor change, update, or colour feature (or RHD/LHD) etc.

Does the newer TDCi and Cmax have the same ESP system as a mk3 ST, and crucially, will the software be "fooled" into accepting it? I'm struggling to find any pukka ST modules at the moment.

any opinions welcomed

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I was told by a Ford tech that the ST has a totally different ABS system from any other car in the range so when I fitted mine I made sure it was one from a ST. I sent several messages to people on Ebay that had other ST parts for sale and all of them offered me a the right part so that might be worth a try.

·
Official L&SE Master chef
2,311 Posts
i did the same

just kept looking on ebay for breaking St's and emailing them

it took a while but i got one in the end

the one i got was off a 57 plate and that worked fine on my 55 plate

i would Wait and get an st unit mate if i was you

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
have you asked tony st in his section as im sure he will have the answer for you mate .
also the part number on the spare one i have is as follows 6M5Y2C405-AB which is for the 2005-2007 models aswell .
personally id not try and make another one fit on such a crucial part of the car ie you asked ....
will the software be fooled in to accepting it .
also have you tryd PARTS LOCATER you tel them what your after and they do a country wide seach for you for a small ish fee,might be your next step if all else keeps failing ,hope you get it sorted soon mate .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I would tend to agree with you, not worth taking a gamble with something safety-related. When you come up against these annoying problems, you would kick yourself if you didn't think of every possible opportunity to resolve it! That's where I'm coming from. I'll continue to search for a proper one.

incidentally, glenn boy, don't fancy selling your "spare" one do you?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.