Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,managed to source a module from a breakers are they all the same for the pre facelift model as there saying they won't guarantee it without the part number from the old unit as it could be differant.
Not saying there wrong but reading a few posts can't see anything about there being more than one type.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
i think as long as its from same model ie face lift if you have faceliftand pre face lift if you have pre face lift mike .
got mine second hand aswell ,how much is the one from breakers mate ??
ps you could always double check with tony st on here as he gets all this kind of info for members -very handy guy .
ps payed £60:00 for mine from member on here ,bit of a bargain i think !!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
£110 delivered so not too bad ,but looks like you had a very good deal mate.
I just need to make sure its the right one now.

·
Registered
552 Posts
if you have a facelift, it needs to be a facelift, and from a focus with ESP.

Apart from that, pretty much any facelift focus with ESP will be compatible with the ST because the Same ABS unit is used on all models of focus with ESP.

only exception is the RS which has a completely different module.

not so sure about the pre-facelift, but I would of thought the same applied.. same module as any other focus with ESP.. although because ESP was an option on standard focus pre-facelift it would be harder to find 1.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
cleary states FOCUS ST on both my units so not at all sure if any focus with esp will work ,but i may be incorect as i seem to remember speaking to loads of salvage yards who wer pretty sure id need one from an ST .
if you need to find your ones part number you may be able to see it if you remove the batery and tray as unit sits directly behind the batery ,seem to remembe doing this on mine for same reason .
i also gather its for a pre facelift as if for an 08 youd be haveing it done under waranty surely .
let us know how it goes and good luck .

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
i think it will have to be from an ST as iirc the ABS is not as sensitive on the ST as it is on lower spec models.

·
Registered
552 Posts
it might be setup differently on IDS, but the actual part number when buying new is exactly the same. But obviously if there is a different setup in IDS.. getting one from an ST would eliminate the requirement for it needing to go on IDS.

As long as it has ESP-Traction Assist... ford only do 3 variants.

ABS - No ESP
ABS - With ESP Traction Assist
ABS - RS

I know that because when I was trying to figure out how Ford implement Deflation Detection System I looked into the various ABS modules available etc on the ECat dealer parts catalogue to see if it was a different module.. being it works through the ABS. Before I found out its actually on all facelifts with at least a level 2 cluster on the dash... just needs enabling in IDS.. and ford were charging £50 just for the privalege of clicking a few buttons in the factory... there are no other components required to enable the system.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
the units come in three parts so maybe one part is used in all three variants ,as all three parts will have seperate part numbers etc etc .i know when i was searching for one for the ST i actually saw a few differant types on a couple of focuses .

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi, 3 parts?

only 2

you can eigther buy the module separate.. which is the same as other focus.

or the complete unit... complete unit with valvebody might be different.. but electronic module is the same.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
i can assure you mate they are avilable in three parts ,i know this as ive recently purchased these parts for a friend useing ford employees discount !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts