Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that horrible noise when the wheels slip ,should you still get it when the esp is turned off??? i thought if i turned it off then when the wheels slipped in the snow (accelerating) i wouldnt get the noise ,but i do

cheers

·
Formerly known as wabbit1
2,791 Posts
The ABS makes the most godawful sound in my ST

I also get the same grinding/crunching sound when my car loses traction in snow

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine make this awfull noice too.

Funny thing...I had a Volvo S40, which is on the same platform as the Focus, a few years ago and it was making the same noices. So, I think it is allright...although it does sound 'cheap' for a sportscar like the ST, if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's not just me then!!!
I've had my st-3 for 9 months now and since the snow i have been noticing this awfull clonking noise from the front. This is mainly when the esp kicks in when pulling away on snow in 1st gear and reversing for that matter.
Can anybody explain this?
Is it causing any damage?
As previously mentined on this topic , its certainly not what you'd expect from such a car!!!

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
QUOTE(stevelee @ 12 Jan 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's not just me then!!!
I've had my st-3 for 9 months now and since the snow i have been noticing this awfull clonking noise from the front. This is mainly when the esp kicks in when pulling away on snow in 1st gear and reversing for that matter.
Can anybody explain this?
Is it causing any damage?
As previously mentined on this topic , its certainly not what you'd expect from such a car!!!

It won't cause any damage to your car, It's designed to do this and perfectly normal. you could always try turning the ESP off, but i would rather leave it on in this weather.

·
Registered
106 Posts
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 12 Jan 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It won't cause any damage to your car, It's designed to do this and perfectly normal. you could always try turning the ESP off, but i would rather leave it on in this weather.
Nice to know its not too serious,
Thanks

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Mine also makes a sound like thin metal banging,like a tin sound aswell as the grinding/crunching sounds (i know that's a poor discription) but does anyone know if that sound is also normal?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts