Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So have had bluefin stage 2 and exhaust for ages but within the last couple of months put the gen 2 k&n induction kit on and since then occasionally got esp faults coming on when I put my foot down however this fault never really happens now, but now there's a better one, driving completely sensible and normal doing 30mph and bingo abs and esp light come on so thought maybe I sucked some water through the induction so stopped and turned car off and restarted fault still there and basically has been ever since I obviously can't look until after Christmas but anyone had anything similar, just so I might have some ideas before looking at it

·
Registered
590 Posts
might be the maf sensor, easiest way to check is to find someone local and ask them nicely if they'll swap with you for 10 minutes

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I've now found out the lights go out and come back rather randomly, dunno whether this will make a difference but my wheel balance is miles out since my new front tyres that I got less than a week ago

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Have you read the fault codes when the lights are on? Do any of the other displays go weird, ie does the odometer go blank or the oil pressure or temp gauges read strangely?

·
Registered
100 Posts
right so nope the abs doesn't work when they're on and no haven't got anything to read the codes (can only read engine codes) front tyres are goodyear eagle asymmetric 2 and the rears which are the old ones are michelin run flats

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
It might be to do with the mismatch of tyres.
The rolling radius of the front and rear will be (ever so slightly) different, and will confuse the ESP/ABS system.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
The fact the abs doesn't work rules out the maf issue, so like others have said most likely tyres or maybe even abs sensor.although I have always until recently had a different brand of tyre on rear to the front and I havent had any issues in 3 years.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
in an attempt to compensate ive gone for the radius size ive put the rear tyres at a greater pressure

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all.

Did you get to the bottom of this issue? I'm having the same problem on my ST.
ABS and ESP lights on;
Odometer reads dashes;
Oil Temperature gauge won't move off bottom;
Electronic nicities stopped working (auto windows, sensor to stop you putting it in reverse when travelling forward);
This all happens as soon as the engine starts.

I had the RAC out the other day and they read the following fault codes:
C1145 - RF Speed sensor signal failure;
C1234 - Wheel speed sensor RF signal missing
V/U2023.

Thanks.
Ross

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I reckon this could be the old battery/alternator problem. Any electrical issue can throw up a wealth of wired sensor faults and strange warnings. Worth getting a decent electrics check, at least stick a multimeter on whilst running see if the alternators charging correctly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts