Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hi all,

sometime yesterday when my PB ST was parked up some nice person decided to scrape half way along my passenger door and across the entire rear quarter resulting in both the rub strips being destroyed and gouging and denting the paintwork including crumpling the rear wheel arch
(it isnt as bad as it sounds but bad enough)!

Im guessing it was a lorry but who knows!

TBH although I love my car and it was mint beforehand I do see it as just a piece of metal albeit a nice one and Ive got far more important things to worry about like for instance if Colchester Utd are going to manage to stay up in league one this season

Anyways, can anyone recommend a decent bodyshop in the Colchester/Essex area as I am rather fussy and a bit of a perfectionist.
Im not sure if I will go through the insurance but I may do if the estimate gets silly.
Im under the impression I can use any bodyshop I like if I go through the insurance, is this correct?

Oh well at least I get to drive the misses 08 KA whilst mine hides away in our garage in extreme embarrassment

CIA

Nick

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Ive woken up in a cold sweat dreaming about this type of thing, its your pride and joy at the end of the day and someone not giving a toss about it when you spend the time and money keeping it to a decent standard, makes you want to

·
Registered
647 Posts
this is the whole reason i park mine on a disused drive opposite my house and when i park at work i use up two parking spaces becuase there is no decency in humanity today and by the sound of it the vehicle in question would of been maximum a van as a lorry would of ripped your qtr and door to pieces

·
Registered
590 Posts
Gutted to hear about the damage nick. Love your relaxed attitude about it though. I would have been foaming at the mouth with anger. You are dead right though, far more important things in life (health, family, career etc). Think we forget this sometimes how obsessed we are with the car. I nearly made my young niece cry yesterday after shouting at her..,....her crime? She very lightly and totally accidentally banged the door getting out. I am such a nasty evil man, lol.

P.s i would give up on col utd. If the saddlers can beat you, you really are in trouble!! :)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Accident repair centre in Braintree done work on one o my cars years ago, they have me a courtesy car and I crashed that lol.

They did a good job though

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mine was parked in the street when it was three months old and someone ploughed in to the side of it, rear door, drivers, rear alloy...etc I sat and waited the following day with a small scaffolding bar hoping they would come to see what they had done....Absolute waste of skin the people that do this type of thing....

Anyway I heard off a colleague that if you report it and get it recorded with the law, apparently there's some kind of fund set aside by insurers for this type of thing, ie joy riders, uninsured drivers, hit and runs...

I know you say your not bothered but if what I have been is true it could save you a pretty penny and then you could spend the money you were going to spend on mods and tell the mrs you have spent it on repairs!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts