Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi - just thought I would post my new front grille badge. I like suttle and am pleased with the result. It was a £3 pin badge with a bit of filing and some superglue! (Borrowed the file and also the superglue
)

IMG_0358.JPG

P.S. Only washed her yesterday!

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(micky_tdci @ 13 Jan 2010, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice. Have you got a link for where you got the badge. Might have to borrow that idea

No probs. All I did though was walk into Evans Halshaw and they had it in a display cabinet. But also seen same badges on ebay for same price.

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
heard of this being done before mate. problem is they corrode very quickly. suppose its just a matter of putting another one on, or perhaps making sure it always has a coat of spray silicone on it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(gray @ 13 Jan 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>spray it with lacquer that will stop the corrosion
i do think the smaller badge looks better IMO

Very, very good point. Passed me by that one! Thanks, I think they look better. Was looking for ages for a smaller badge but there all the large rear boot type. So this worked well for me.

Off to buy some lacquer...well, tomoz anyway!

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(gray @ 13 Jan 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>spray it with lacquer that will stop the corrosion
i do think the smaller badge looks better IMO

thats a top tip gray. bet the pins will sell like hot cakes now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts