Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave them a very quick clean as winter was taking it's toll on the paint work. I will be doing a good detail of the Focus next time we get some dry weather. Both are standard but the Alfa is going at the end of next week.

Things that will be happening to the Focus will be first to make sure it's running as sweet as possible, then straight on to cosmetics with a respray in the same colour to lose all scratches and stone chips, alloys resprayed in a gun metal grey. The next steps after those will be FMIC, full cat back exhaust and sports cat, remap, lowering with probably coil overs and 4 pot breaks. That will be about it I would think then maybe a few interior changes.

Well anyway enough yapping so here are a few pics. Hope you like...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
That Alfa is gorgeous!!!
....Oh i guess i should say the ST looks nice aswell, whatever blah blah blah
. Seriously both looking good

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Harmy2010 @ 29 Jan 2010, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That Alfa is gorgeous!!!
....Oh i guess i should say the ST looks nice aswell, whatever blah blah blah
. Seriously both looking good

The Alfa is gorgeous, leather is amazing and the Bose sound system is superb.

To drive though it's boring, harsh and very dated. Some moan about creaks and rattles in the ST, the GT brings a whole new meaning to the words lol

·
Registered
577 Posts
Two very shiney black cars, both with a great finish. What did you use to wash them with?

Also, I presume you're not having the
sprayed all over? Just front bumper, bonnet and wings? The majority of the car looks great. If its swirls you want to remove, get it machine polished instead - a whole lot cheaper and less messy. You've probably already considered this anyway lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(RichFST @ 29 Jan 2010, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Two very shiney black cars, both with a great finish. What did you use to wash them with?

Also, I presume you're not having the
sprayed all over? Just front bumper, bonnet and wings? The majority of the car looks great. If its swirls you want to remove, get it machine polished instead - a whole lot cheaper and less messy. You've probably already considered this anyway lol

They were both only quick washes and only used Megs Gold Wash shampoo and conditioner and a bit of Megs Quick Detailer.

Regarding the praying, depends on cash flow really, if I have enough i'll get the whole car done and have it looking new if not I'll just get front done and get it blended into wings... I'll see.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Both of your cars look great. You certainly have your work cut out with two black cars to keep clean.

That's a good "to do" list for the

·
Registered
192 Posts
Two great looking motors you have there. If selling the Alfa is funding the work to be done on the
then it will be worth the sacrifice.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, unfortunately when the Alfa goes i wont see any of the money so wont be going on car.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The ST looks good but the alfa looks wicked id love one! Don't think id drive it tho, just leave it in the garage, clean it and drive it round the block. That way when it brakes down i can walk home

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(STIOM @ 29 Jan 2010, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The ST looks good but the alfa looks wicked id love one! Don't think id drive it tho, just leave it in the garage, clean it and drive it round the block. That way when it brakes down i can walk home

Rear parking sensor fell off, fuel pump broke and all in 11 months of ownership and the car was brand new haha

·
Registered
269 Posts
QUOTE(ST_Dave @ 29 Jan 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rear parking sensor fell off, fuel pump broke and all in 11 months of ownership and the car was brand new haha

but it's a proper driving car as 'hammond' says.... The black ST looks well bet you can't wait for the mods!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(STIOM @ 29 Jan 2010, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but it's a proper driving car as 'hammond' says.... The black ST looks well bet you can't wait for the mods!

Alfa has the looks exterior and interior wise, looks more luxurious and has a few better gadgets but it's a very dated design and it shows when driving, very crashy. The Focus is a far better car to drive.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sorry the Alfa GT is pants (even though its a clover leaf) drive em quite a lot in my job and they are so horrible!

ST beats it hands down in many ways.

Very nice cars though you have!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Bobster200 @ 29 Jan 2010, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry the Alfa GT is pants (even though its a clover leaf) drive em quite a lot in my job and they are so horrible!

ST beats it hands down in many ways.

Very nice cars though you have!

No need be sorry you're right thats why it's going and I bought a cheaper ST.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts