Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Exhaust company said that they don't use locking bolts as they are known to be common for stripping threads, they also don't use new fire rings as they do not need them... apparently .

They've said they will happily take a look at it to make sure everything is as it should, they also said they check all of the bolts/fittings when putting the exhaust back on.

I've been doing a bit of research myself and it might be the PCV valve, or the tubing that could've split, known to make a noise like this. Also ties in to when I had the oil filter housing done (I fitted the induction kit the day after which is when I noticed the sound).

Does anyone know if it is the PCV valve, whether it would cause a loss in power/boost leak? I'm not even sure where it is in the car, but off the OFH from what I've read. Also read that they can do without it as it's a breather pipe and people have modified them. But not seen anything on here about it

·
Registered
541 Posts
Exhaust company said that they don't use locking bolts as they are known to be common for stripping threads, they also don't use new fire rings as they do not need them... apparently .

They've said they will happily take a look at it to make sure everything is as it should, they also said they check all of the bolts/fittings when putting the exhaust back on.

I've been doing a bit of research myself and it might be the PCV valve, or the tubing that could've split, known to make a noise like this. Also ties in to when I had the oil filter housing done (I fitted the induction kit the day after which is when I noticed the sound).
Does anyone know if it is the PCV valve, whether it would cause a loss in power/boost leak? I'm not even sure where it is in the car, but off the OFH from what I've read. Also read that they can do without it as it's a breather pipe and people have modified them. But not seen anything on here about it
I've just replaced my pcv valve. Not a lot of ones know where it is so happy reading. Jump to the end and work back. It's on top of the inlet side of the turbo and it doesn't make a noise. The diaghram in the housing makes the noise which goes when u pull the dipstick. 😁

https://www.focusstoc.com/forums/topic/559314-blue-smoke-after-overrun/

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm afraid they just blew their credibility.
Aye that's what I thought when they said it.

I've just replaced my pcv valve. Not a lot of ones know where it is so happy reading. Jump to the end and work back. It's on top of the inlet side of the turbo and it doesn't make a noise. The diaghram in the housing makes the noise which goes when u pull the dipstick.

https://www.focusstoc.com/forums/topic/559314-blue-smoke-after-overrun/
Hmm that may not be my issue then if it doesn't make a noise. My oil filter housing was replaced only a couple of months back with a new unit, I was reading that the pipe can make sounds like escaping air if it's split/not fit right,

Back to the drawing board

·
Registered
541 Posts
[quote name="JJB" post="7101861" timestamp="1535613908"]

Hmm that may not be my issue then if it doesn't make a noise. My oil filter housing was replaced only a couple of months back with a new unit, I was reading that the pipe can make sounds like escaping air if it's split/not fit right,

Back to the drawing board[/quote
Easy to check it, you can see it runner Ng up under the rocker cover. Have a fiddle with it

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
[quote name="JJB" post="7101861" timestamp="1535613908"]

Back to the drawing board[/quote
Easy to check it, you can see it runner Ng up under the rocker cover. Have a fiddle with it
Will do, I've also been told it may be because I have a stock recirculation valve and open cone.

Gonna get my forge one fitted and see what the craic is.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Will do, I've also been told it may be because I have a stock recirculation valve and open cone.

Gonna get my forge one fitted and see what the craic is.
Stock recirc valve makes an annoying whistle when you drive, I thought it was normal until I changed mine to a mountune one lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey only 3 years out 😂. but did anyone work out what this sound on start up was as I have exactly the same and it’s driving me nuts.
thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
@Samson79
Vid from this thread at about 13 sec in there’s almost an expel of air sound only happens 1st start in the morning the sound starts loud and tappers off. I Don’t mean the induction sound there is a sound with-in that lol this is my car My car.

I’ll try and get a better vid doesn’t help that in the recording the sound isn’t as noticeable.
Also have boost issue with is Here Here 2 possible solenoid

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
@Samson79
Vid from this thread at about 13 sec in there’s almost an expel of air sound only happens 1st start in the morning the sound starts loud and tappers off. I Don’t mean the induction sound there is a sound with-in that lol this is my car My car.

I’ll try and get a better vid doesn’t help that in the recording the sound isn’t as noticeable.
Also have boost issue with is Here Here 2 possible solenoid
First vid sounds like an induction noise,whats your set up???
And second could be solenoid but wud also check everything else hose related

·
Registered
28 Posts
First vid sounds like an induction noise,whats your set up???
And second could be solenoid but wud also check everything else hose related
what I can’t understand is it never use to sound like that like. I have ram air filter, rs vac pipe, rs plugs, forge re-ceric valve, cat back straight through all pipes have been changed to silicone. Custom map by previous owner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts