Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

iv noticed when goin to 2nd and 3rd its not very smooth! i need to release the clutch pedal slowly/gently otherwise if i do it quickly it seems to be a bit jumpy! in technical lingo

didnt get this in my st170 as a comparison, or is it just my driving?

seems smooth, no crunshy nasty noises etc

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
hmmmm, might be an issue somewhere. Maps can be a bit snatchy on gear changes. Mine runs stage 2 code:red which really does give a jerk 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd

youv'e got no knocks or bangs?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmmm, might be an issue somewhere. Maps can be a bit snatchy on gear changes. Mine runs stage 2 code:red which really does give a jerk 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd

youv'e got no knocks or bangs?
no not really mate just bouncy between changes, i hear engine mounts are dodgy, you think this might be the problem?

get wheel judder when on full lock in reverse but i think thats down to worn bushes, got it in the garage tomorrow to check

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
no not really mate just bouncy between changes, i hear engine mounts are dodgy, you think this might be the problem?

get wheel judder when on full lock in reverse but i think thats down to worn bushes, got it in the garage tomorrow to check
i had a bit of a problem with the gearbox mount underneath. the pins came loose and it had the same symptoms you're describing.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,591 Posts
My car has similar miles (owned from new) and I do find that the changes are not the smoothest I've ever experienced if you are not actively trying to make them so.
I don't see it as a fault but rather a reflection of the fact that it won't drive quite the same at 60+K miles as it did when it was new.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My car has similar miles (owned from new) and I do find that the changes are not the smoothest I've ever experienced if you are not actively trying to make them so.
I don't see it as a fault but rather a reflection of the fact that it won't drive quite the same at 60+K miles as it did when it was new.
suppose so, maybe being a bit paranoid as iv only had it a week or so im constantly judging everything lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts