Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had to buy a new battery car died a death in the middle of now where and wouldnt start or do anything....

dealer gonna charge me £207 as the car is just over 1 year! after a phone call to ford customer services they agreed to pay 50% of this, they were very good!
apparently a dead cell in the battery!

is this normal? has anyone else had this problem? thanks

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
£207 for a battery? Yikes!!!

yeah they can fail at any time, trouble is some cars stand around in compounds for long periods before the dealer gets them.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
QUOTE(kaosbabylon @ 28 Feb 2010, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i have had to buy a new battery car died a death in the middle of now where and wouldnt start or do anything....

dealer gonna charge me £207 as the car is just over 1 year! after a phone call to ford customer services they agreed to pay 50% of this, they were very good!
apparently a dead cell in the battery!

is this normal? has anyone else had this problem? thanks

That must be the gold plated battery they are fitting to your car mate,

Thats bordering on extortion even at half that price...

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had a dead cell in my battery, but that was at 34k, sure didnt pay £207 for a new one!! Some days its worth paying the extra, just to get back on the road soon as.

·
Registered
96 Posts
this happened to me after left standing...my father got a heavy duty one £80 brand new.the aa man said it was a duff battery and it happens all the time..hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts