Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wondered if this mod was worth it for the price?

Figured id ask as whilst i have the plenum, pipes and other parts off i may as well see if its worth upgrading this as well :)

Cheers

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
Hi guys, just wondered if this mod was worth it for the price?

Figured id ask as whilst i have the plenum, pipes and other parts off i may as well see if its worth upgrading this as well :)

Cheers
Don't think you would see much gain on your average ST. Some of the RS lads have tried them on big bhp cars and don't see much of a gain.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Playing devils advocate then... Whats the point of the upgraded plenum? I would've thought the throttle bosy would be the restrictive part of that assembly?
Plastic standard ones have been known to burst on high power outputs, gives more mid range gains, you won't see much difference at peak power.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Playing devils advocate then... Whats the point of the upgraded plenum? I would've thought the throttle bosy would be the restrictive part of that assembly?
As stated, plastic ones (on the RS) are known to explode when there's a backfire inside the plenum. So for peace of mind.
Also, the inside is supposed to be "smoother" to promote better airflow. Although to be fair, the inside of the standard one is pretty good.
Which is probably why the gains are negligible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts