Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, well just phoned up Aviva to get the 7 day free insurance for my new St-2 that i'm picking up on Monday and they wouldn't insure my Mrs as second driver because she's under 25 (not 25 till August).....just wondering if anyone else had any problems with them.

It's a pain because now we're going to have to put this car on our current policy which runs out on the 7th and then take out another new policy after that. If we had got the 7 days free it would have worked out great and everything would have slotted together nicely.

There is the option of just waiting but then that means the Mrs wouldn't be able to drive it for a week and to be honest she's gonna be using it much more than I am.

Sorry for the rant...just want other people's opinions on them really.

Cheers, Joe

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Not sure about the terms etc. but you could try www.dayinsure.co.uk - Underwritten by norwich union.

- Other than that,most other dealers have switched over to Royal and Sun Alliance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(yoinkster @ 24 Feb 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When I bought mine I got offered free 7 days insurance through Ford ... is this what you are looking at or some other free jobby?

Not had any experience with aviva though

Yeah it's the 7 days free through Ford but my dealer use Aviva to provide that.

My Mrs has 6 years no claims and on her own policy it's only £430 which is great it's just the whole amending the current policy just for 7 days that's annoying!!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Had similar problem when i picked mine up, garage recommended i used this 7 day aviva offer but they wouldn't quote me because i was 24 at the time so couldn't get the weeks free insurance
. Ended up being a bit of a rush to get a cover note to tax it, but all was good in the end

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
I understand it's an inconvenience to you, but if the policy rules out under 25's there isn't a lot you can do really.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Can't you just start the new policy on the collection date?

And let the old one run itself out - you get 30 days to forward your proof of NCB - whihc you should of recieved with your renewal notice.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Yeah, not really got any better advice to offer I'm afraid, can't you go on holiday together for a week (or send her away on her own
) ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Weird. I'm 22 and I'm picking up my new ST-3 on Friday, and they gave me the 7 day free insurance no probs when I phoned up...

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
which company did you call though guys, Aviva or royal an dsun alliance - Aviva seem to be the ones causing the problems.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I would not trust this 7 days free insurance, I recall a couple of years ago a guy on hear used it and his car got nicked within the week, it took ages for him to even start a claim never mind get paid out,

Remeber this policy is not realy for you, it is so the stealer doe snot have to mess around awaiting for you to get a covernote before they can tax it.

When I got our lasses we used the 7days for taxing purposes but also had it covered form day 1 on her own policy.

If it were me I would delay collecting the car until you can get the car properly insured or just not let her drive it for the first week

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Insurance sorted, amended the current policy and they ever waved the admin fee and everything seeing as we was renewing in 7 days so quite happy.

3 days.....can't wait!!!!! it'll be bye bye Fiesta
and HELLO Focus

Thanks everyone for your replies

1 - 15 of 15 Posts