Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After fitting my Eagle F1s a few month ago, i was shocked to hear that My rear left tyres was worn close to the limit. Got an MOT advisory for it. Took it to Revolution in Dunston / Gateshead as they have a Hawkeye aligning machine thingy.

Well, after my tyre fitting centre told me that the alignment was fine, I was socked again to see the alignment was all over the place. Front were pointing outwards and the rears inwards. I was supprised to see the Eibachs havent effected the camber much, which was still within Fords OE tollerances.

The car drives smooth and accelerates in a stright line without any of the wheel snatching I was getting before, and the road noise has dropped substantially. All, in all, I was quite pleased, although I still have a wheel vibration coming from somewhere.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
how much does this cost as mine needs doing really bad now.

also how many ways do they adjust them? camber/tracking ect?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(gray @ 15 Feb 2010, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>how much does this cost as mine needs doing really bad now.

also how many ways do they adjust them? camber/tracking ect?

You get camber, caster, toe, total toe and steer ahead on both axles. Cost me £70.50 to rectify front and rear toe settings. All the camber and caster figures were fine. For £70 its worth doing once a year maybe twice, if its gonna add extra miles onto my tyres.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
cheers for that... what do i have to look for to find someone in my local area?
4 wheel laser allignment?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(adrian2006uk @ 15 Feb 2010, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hello having mine done on friday was a quick question how do they adjust the rear ??

The rear suspension arm bushing are on a cam setup I believe. Turning the bolt in various directions pulls or pushes the arm inwards or outwards.

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
Adrian

Where are you having your's done?

There is a place in Birmingham BMTR i think they are on the Aldridge road, i told another member on here about them and he said their service was excellent, they want £99 but he managed to get it down to £49

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im going to take to get all 4 wheels rebalanced on one of those pro-align balancers. Theres a centre near me that has one, hopefully get rid of this
vibration for good.

·
Registered
824 Posts
QUOTE(chrisd @ 15 Feb 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Im going to take to get all 4 wheels rebalanced on one of those pro-align balancers. Theres a centre near me that has one, hopefully get rid of this
vibration for good.

That vibration could be a warped disc

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(treborrobert2 @ 15 Feb 2010, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That vibration could be a warped disc

Nah, the car brakes fine with no judder at all. I them all balanced on one of these today Pro Align . The difference is amazing. The machine show that one wheel had a imbalance between tyre and rim, they then marked the two points one on the tyre and one on the rim. Deflated the tyre and turned the tyre on the rim until both marks met eachother. Re-inflated the tyre and balanced. Hey presto, all fixed

There is still a very slight vibration, but the tyres are showing a bit of wear here and there. Overall, i was very impressed.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
the price seems to vary wildly for the 4 wheel alignment, i was told the price was going to be £45 that was without me even trying to get them down, know some have paid 70 or 80 quid for the same thing on the same machine

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
QUOTE(Speedfreek @ 15 Feb 2010, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have mine booked in on Saturday morning now that the Bilsteins have been on for 200 miles . No problems to report yet but i will be interested to see what they say . I am getting mine done here ..........

http://www.dtstyres.co.uk/wheel_alignment.html
They did mine as well - the improvement was better even than adding a remap, the handling was transformed.

Second-best upgrade ever; the other was me with some expert driver tuition.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts