Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I bought some new plastic door pillars and finally got round to wrapping some 3m carbon fibre on the door pillars and the plastic triangle by the wing mirror

If you attempt this make sure the pattern runs in the same direction as per first picture

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Looking good there Sam, a job very well done

will you attempt the plastic trim by the wing mirror as I personally feel that would finish the car of nicely

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seeing the wing mirror is a awkward shape i don't think it will work too well. Maybe somebody can prove me wrong.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Not having tried it but would you be able to do it in two parts? One around the backing plate and the other around the piece holding the mirror?

Defo like the pillars though

·
Registered
699 Posts
good effort mate i do like it... ashame it isnt gloss tho! i personally think gloss would blend in alot better with the paintwork and look a bit more classy.

please dont crucify me for having an opinion

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not having tried it but would you be able to do it in two parts? One around the backing plate and the other around the piece holding the mirror?

Defo like the pillars though
Unfortunately if you do it in two parts the carbon fibre pattern will not match up also when heat is applied it stretches. I will most likely take them off and get them sprayed panther black to match the car.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good effort mate i do like it... ashame it isnt gloss tho! i personally think gloss would blend in alot better with the paintwork and look a bit more classy.

please dont crucify me for having an opinion
Not at all, i agree with you i could only find the cheaper ones that look like gloss but they are not as good as the Di Noc 3m which can be used in the vehicle or outside.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Yeah - see your point. What about just the back plate?
Or alternatively, if spraying to match the car then you may get away with spraying the back plate part. That way the CF may actually blend in more. I do think your problem is that back plate though.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah - see your point. What about just the back plate?
Or alternatively, if spraying to match the car then you may get away with spraying the back plate part. That way the CF may actually blend in more. I do think your problem is that back plate though.
I think it would look better if you get the whole thing sprayed or carbon fibred as i do not think it would look as good in spray and carbon mixed IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts