Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

When I traded in my Rx-8 some 3 weeks ago, there was I must admit a small doubt in my mind as to whether I'd done the right thing, having previously owned an ST170, I was somewhat apprehensive for trading in my Rex for the ST. Well some 3 weeks later any doubts are gone, wow what a car I've bought. I love the low down torque, and the whole package, it seems a different beast alltogether from the 170, and all this from a standard car. I've heard rave reviews regarding remapping, and hopefully will go down that route in the future. I can't imagine what it's like to experience a stage 1 bluefin or the like to drive, as my car is standard, to say I'm happy in my decision to buy an St would be a huge understatement.

A very happy new owner,

Nige

·
Registered
455 Posts
Same here, great to know your loving your car!! I bought a similar
about the same time and I literally can't stop smiling everywhere I go, still!

The ST looks stunning just parked up, and even more stunning to drive!

James

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
The
is such a great car & I can tell that you now have the
grin firmly on your face.

Just wait till you start modding her, you'll be grinning like a Cheshire Cat then!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
QUOTE(nilitara @ 23 Jan 2010, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi guys

When I traded in my Rx-8 some 3 weeks ago, there was I must admit a small doubt in my mind as to whether I'd done the right thing, having previously owned an ST170, I was somewhat apprehensive for trading in my Rex for the ST. Well some 3 weeks later any doubts are gone, wow what a car I've bought. I love the low down torque, and the whole package, it seems a different beast alltogether from the 170, and all this from a standard car. I've heard rave reviews regarding remapping, and hopefully will go down that route in the future. I can't imagine what it's like to experience a stage 1 bluefin or the like to drive, as my car is standard, to say I'm happy in my decision to buy an St would be a huge understatement.

A very happy new owner,

Nige

pleased its not just me that feels like that lol. im 40 and im like a big kid again when im driving. my wife thinks im sad when i go mad when it gets wet or dirty. i did ask her about the remapping and she just shook her head
so watch this space

·
Registered
34 Posts
QUOTE(Footballer @ 23 Jan 2010, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You *******!

I'm so jelous. I'm currently looking for my first ST too.

Very comforting to here your comments!

dont rush in and by the first 1 u see. 1 dealer we went to tryed to sell us a what that said was a st2 but was just a st and we nearly fell for it

·
Registered
145 Posts
QUOTE([email protected] @ 23 Jan 2010, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dont rush in and by the first 1 u see. 1 dealer we went to tryed to sell us a what that said was a st2 but was just a st and we nearly fell for it

Should be locked up trying to pull tricks like that!

Thanks for the advise though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've now owned my ST2 for 12 weeks and i love it more and more each day! I've never washed something so much in all my life
the noise is awesome, i could'nt recommend the 260bhp mountune package more.

·
Registered
237 Posts
had mine 3 months odd now and I`m LURVING it!

Get the mods done and it`ll make you grin even more!

Dont think I`d get away with any mods with the missus just aswell they were on the car when I got it!

·
Registered
293 Posts
i guess we aare all in mid life crisis as most of these posts are over 40years old .

i bought mine in december 09 and cant stop driving it .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Glad your enjoying it, and a great choice on colour

If you ever want taking out in a 322bhp st drop me a inbox message mate, just to see what the modding bug can do

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I must be in a mid-life crisis aswell at 25 because ive always got this grin on my when im driving and have been driving it!!! People think im sad but then they drive 'normal' cars!!!! just gotta start modding!!! Its just a complete joy to look at and drive!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Good to hear that as I was seriously considering an RX8 at one point but ended up with the ST

Really liked the car but comming from a modified Scooby it felt it was missing something - then I got Mountuned at the weekend and a set of eibachs put on - WOW!! thats more like what the car is supposed to be like.

Down side is my average mpg is now well under 20 since fitting

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
QUOTE([email protected] @ 23 Jan 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>pleased its not just me that feels like that lol. im 40 and im like a big kid again when im driving. my wife thinks im sad when i go mad when it gets wet or dirty. i did ask her about the remapping and she just shook her head
so watch this space

see where you went wrong there was you asked her

1 - 17 of 17 Posts