Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've had my
3 weeks now, it is completely stock. I do love the sound, the pace in 2nd and 3rd, the comfortable ride (more cuz the mrs doesnt moan its rock hard like my ctr,) and the fact nobs in diesel 3 series think they can burn you. (really doesnt happen!)

BUT

Im not 100% about it, like i was with the CTR, that felt more driver focused. What mods can i do to make me fall for it completely? I have to keep it "quiet" (for the MRS) and don't really want to compromise the ride, (too much)

Thanks

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Rear anti roll bar and a b12 suspension kit. It'll bring that CTR feel back for you.

You have to remember, that althought they are rival hatchbacks, the focus is an entirely different beast. It's a lot easier to drively quickly because of the torquey nature of the 5 pot, and you'll find that it'll actually be goin alot quicker than it seems.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The Powerflex mounts made mine feel a little more positive on turn in although the old ones were shot. Eibach springs, bilstein dampers and rear anti roll bar won't break the bank or spine.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Must be a personal preference, i never found my EP3 CTR overly impressive in terms of drivability, yeah it handled alright don't get me wrong, but still think they're over-rated. Much prefer how the ST drives even in standard form.

The CTR you had to wind up, and i'm surprised at you needing quiet for the MRS if she was OK with the Type R, mine was screaming its breasticles off to get anywhere even remotely fast.

Remap, intercooler, downpipe, decat, induction, springs/coilovers and you'll be head over heels. Seriously though, remap, remap, remap.... you don't know what you're missing. The ST remapped coming from a CTR is something else....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rear anti roll bar and a b12 suspension kit. It'll bring that CTR feel back for you.

You have to remember, that althought they are rival hatchbacks, the focus is an entirely different beast. It's a lot easier to drively quickly because of the torquey nature of the 5 pot, and you'll find that it'll actually be goin alot quicker than it seems.
b12? any threads on this? will that ruin the ride? rarb was on the list already.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
b12? any threads on this? will that ruin the ride? rarb was on the list already.
It'll certainly make it stiffer but there's rave reviews about them

Used the search function at the top of the screen

There threads upon threads about them

·
Registered
204 Posts
A remap will completely change the way the car pulls, but a RARB and b12 kit will completely change the way it handles. Get both

The B12 kit is the Eibach springs and the b8 shocks together.
Pffft, who cares about handling, POWERRRRRRR. haha

No seriously, RARB and bushes/suspension are on my to do list, after intercooler/downpipe in Jan.

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,446 Posts
Hi,

I've had my
3 weeks now, it is completely stock. I do love the sound, the pace in 2nd and 3rd, the comfortable ride (more cuz the mrs doesnt moan its rock hard like my ctr,) and the fact nobs in diesel 3 series think they can burn you. (really doesnt happen!)

BUT

Im not 100% about it, like i was with the CTR, that felt more driver focused. What mods can i do to make me fall for it completely? I have to keep it "quiet" (for the MRS) and don't really want to compromise the ride, (too much)

Thanks
Here's a few things to make things more exciting.

http://www.dreamscience-automotive.co.uk/dreamscience-news/xmas-offers-2012.php

http://www.dreamscience-automotive.co.uk/ford-focus/tuning/dsci-tuning-platform/762-dsci-lite-tuning-platform.php

[email protected]

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You wont regret it. You'll get home a lot quicker than you got there though.

Infact, probably not, it'll more than likely take you around 8 hours to put the car to bed for the night after having work done
And will have to re-mortgage for my new fuel bill!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts