Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like above works fine on iPhone too but I am now on my pc and McAfee does give you a warning but its only a yellow one, not a red one lol

anyway the thing that I was surprised about was the st has a chain cam belt

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
What would recommend then. I've been using avast as a lot of reviews rate it
Avast is good, I use the free version of AVG on all of my machines. McAfee and Norton are actually good anti-virus programs, but they tend to take over a bit and they are very bloated indeed, they take a good chunk out of a computer's performance.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just checking thanks mate. I can build them and put the software on just don't know that much about the virus program side of it

·
Registered
669 Posts
Avast is good, I use the free version of AVG on all of my machines. McAfee and Norton are actually good anti-virus programs, but they tend to take over a bit and they are very bloated indeed, they take a good chunk out of a computer's performance.
I use AVG on all my home and work PC's, thats about 7 pc's, 3 laptops and 3 servers.
Never had a virus get through on any of them.

I do use the paid version but IMO the free version is probably as good.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I use AVG on all my home and work PC's, thats about 7 pc's, 3 laptops and 3 servers.
Never had a virus get through on any of them.

I do use the paid version but IMO the free version is probably as good.
Ives tried the free one on a old pc and seemed to do the job. A bloke at work swears by windows defender?! That any good?

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Windows Defender is alright, but I wouldn't rate it above any other anti-virus software. I also thought it was just anti-malware software tbh.
AVG Free is something I avoid. Why would a company make you pay for something that they offer for free? Because it's not half as good

If you're going for free AVs I always go for MSE. Paid for versions and I use ESET NOD32

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
AVG Free is something I avoid. Why would a company make you pay for something that they offer for free? Because it's not half as good

If you're going for free AVs I always go for MSE. Paid for versions and I use ESET NOD32
As far as I'm aware the anti-virus in the free version and the paid for version is the same. The paid for version has 'value added' extras. And the reason they give you a free version - so they can nag you to death to get the paid for version. It's their foot in the door.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts