Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought anyone in Teesside might want to know.
Had the ST-3 serviced today at the main dealer in H'pool £179.99 (Evans in D'ton quoted £189.99).
Got the usual phone call, rear tyres low, one 0.5mm on inside the other 1.5mm quoted me
Budget £99 each - Cheap Conti's £109- same Conti's that are on £149 inc Fitting, VAT etc.
Also windscreen wipers £64 inc VAT.

Needless to say i didn't bother with the extra's.

Car was also washed when I collected

Also re-fitted the nearside front fog light which had fallen out of its mooring

·
Registered
379 Posts
£64 for wipers is a bit excessive! Dealers seem to get a bit excited about the depth of tyres, mine rang and said both fronts were on limit, i said dont change them and i went on to do another 3k before they were changed. they werent ON the limit they were NEAR the limit

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got drivers side wiper (26") today for £6.25!!! from Costco. Unfortunately they didn't have the 17" passenger side so i'll have to try again in a few days. They are Goodyear and the middle bit does stick up a bit from the pin, not nice and flat like an OE pair but does the job for now.

·
Registered
261 Posts
QUOTE(Glenster @ 26 Jan 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>£64 for wipers is a bit excessive! Dealers seem to get a bit excited about the depth of tyres, mine rang and said both fronts were on limit, i said dont change them and i went on to do another 3k before they were changed. they werent ON the limit they were NEAR the limit

On a car like the ST, particularly with the sort of weather we have, the legal limit of 1.6 is not safe. I tend to change mine when they get below 3mm. I choose not to compromise on the only contact patch I have with the road. Others may choose to run it very close to the legal limit. But then i am not surprised by the number of people who say that they have skidded and hit a kerb etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.