Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just had my ST a week now, loving it. I have a question about the 230v power supply in the centre box, beneath the armrest. What can be plugged in here exactly? I want to charge my iPhone, but don't want to blow any electrical kit by plugging a cigarette lighter style charger in there if it is not meant to go in there.

·
Registered
477 Posts
QUOTE(B_H100 @ 30 Dec 2009, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all,

Just had my ST a week now, loving it. I have a question about the 230v power supply in the centre box, beneath the armrest. What can be plugged in here exactly? I want to charge my iPhone, but don't want to blow any electrical kit by plugging a cigarette lighter style charger in there if it is not meant to go in there.

Hello mate

A phone charger will be fine, however with all inverters they do have limits, normally when bought as a plug in module the wattage is displayed on the unit to let you know what that limit is, I'm not sure on the factory fitted one though, is it not shown on the outlet or in the manual?

Cheers

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the replies, I am looking at a belkin mini USB adapter, can plug phone/camera in there and stick it in the centre compartment.

Should have specced USB..!

·
Registered
477 Posts
QUOTE(RB2004 @ 30 Dec 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>im looking to retrofit this option lol..still trying to find out if i have the wiring though:(

Hello

If its a USB interface you are after, theres a whole topic on this recently covered, advising you what parts are required for which head unit and how to wire them in. You should be able to find it in the ICE forum.

Cheers

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi, no not after the USB, lol Im already retrofitting that.

Was referring to retrofitting the 230v socket, should only require the socket and inverter hopefully as long as i have the wiring in place. Still searching at the moment though, because the 2 cables which me and a ford parts guy thought were the ones (as they are usually not plugged into anything and hefty looking cables for high amp.) turned out to be plugged into my heater box on mine:( when on other cars arent usually plugged into anythign and just sit behind the drivers kick panel on the centre console where the pedals are.

·
Registered
391 Posts
QUOTE(comp @ 31 Dec 2009, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>sorry to sound dum but does some 1 have a pic of what the plug looks like cant seem to find it

Its an optional extra so you might not have it fitted.

I had it on one of my previous ST's and tbh never used it (I didn't spec it)! You do however loose half of the storage capacity from under the arm rest were the inverter / transformer fits.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I don't have it on mine for the storage reasons mentioned above. However I do have an aftermarket one in the boot just in case (good for the kettle when camping!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts