Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have got the mountune conversion and I haven't even bothered to move mine off the drive. I can walk to work so I don't have to use the car.
can't wait for the snow to go so I can go for a good blast

·
Registered
648 Posts
this is the problem

i cant get up my road...but the guy at the top has a little 206, and he is up and down no problem

all that power is a pain in the ice

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,449 Posts
Power is not the problem because you can easily control it with your right foot.
The bit you can't control is the width of your tyres and hence the contact area with the road (or snow to be more precise).
One of those examples where more is less

·
Registered
198 Posts
My friend was trying to get the kids to school the other morning when a Land Rover Discovery when sliding past her car sideways, missing her by inches, then crashing through a wall. So sometimes even the best 4x4xfar can't cope, especially once on ice!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
QUOTE(morty1970 @ 9 Jan 2010, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My 08 KA(old shape)...fantastic in the snow

My next door neighbour has an old battered Nissan Micra, and he is flying around in this weather, never seen anything like it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
QUOTE(wolfman310 @ 9 Jan 2010, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My next door neighbour has an old battered Nissan Micra, and he is flying around in this weather, never seen anything like it.

lol same here, dad has the newer shape ones as a second car, it's brilliant, whereas my ST and dads Primera is a pain in the snow the Micra goes anywhere on this snow, so chuck able too haha

·
Registered
15 Posts
QUOTE(Trist @ 9 Jan 2010, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lol same here, dad has the newer shape ones as a second car, it's brilliant, whereas my ST and dads Primera is a pain in the snow the Micra goes anywhere on this snow, so chuck able too haha

LOL glad its not just me struggling in the snow, was beginning to feel a bit inadequete not being able to get up the slight incline in my road!!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
in this weather you are best off, when you know you will lose traction but still need to get going, turning the ESP off. I live half a mile down what is in essence a private road so it's still well caked in snow. I have to come off the main road at speed, slide all over the place and floor it, sure the wheels spin like a mofo but that's what it needs. If I hadn't turned the ESP off, I'd have never got up the hill.

·
Registered
174 Posts
we've been using the mrs' mini in the snow - its great

my car is ab****ely useless and has been left on the drive for the last few days..

i dont remember my
being too bad though, maybe the snow and ice was never that bad while i had mine..

·
Registered
481 Posts
Last couple of weeks has been only time i wish i had my old
Freelander. Mind you my Subaru was also useless in the snow. Four wheel drive dosnt stop you any quicker when your sliding on ice

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I also cant get up my drive so its been left at bottom in front of the house and hasnt moved for a few days

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,494 Posts
QUOTE(bigogger48 @ 9 Jan 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>225 hp and i cant back me cat up the drive lol hope it moves tomorrow love the esp

Clean the snow of the drive i have been for the last 4weeks

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,072 Posts
Tip for driving a FWD car uphill and driveway slopes - try reversing up as the weight shifts to the rear and the engine is over the driven wheels and gives it more grip

It works well for me

1 - 20 of 24 Posts