Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
First off; Hello! I'm new here, I'm Steve, 28 from Derby. I'm looking for a little advice/help if possible. I think I know what the answer will be.

I've spotted a 2006 ST-2, high(?) mileage @ 75000. Full service history. 1 Owner. £8500. I went to look at it, and it's in great condition, with slight scuffing to the alloys. In the advert, there is no mention of it being non-standard, but when I got there I took it for a test drive and noticed an almighty kick up the bottom along with a dump valve, and popping from the exhaust...Obviously not standard! It went like stink! I check the history and the previous owner has had a remap from Pumabuild, and 3" rolled Pipercross exhausts. It drove really well, and sounded great but I'm a complete noob when it comes to car inspection (outside of the usual body condition etc) The service history seemed comprehensive, and was stamped at 15k intervals.

I'm wondering, should I steer well clear of this, or is it worth a punt - I know that's quite a general question, and it's hard to say - but is it obviously stupid to buy it? Do (tastefully) modified Focus' go for a lot more? I'm wondering if there are horrors in store for me if I were to buy it. One thing that did put me off majorly, was one of the salesman- he was a right tw**.

Cheers,

Steve

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
25,603 Posts
I'd be a bit concerned that the service schedule hadn't been followed (interval is 12.5K miles not 15K).
Outside of that, it's always a good idea to take along a knowledgeable friend if you don't know much about cars.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I don't know what the spec of the ST2 is, any extras etc, but to be honest I don't think that is a great price for a standard ST2 with that milage.
Then add that it has been modified and probably driven by an enthusiastic driver?!?

It wouldn't be my first choice.

But that's not to say it isn't a great motor - just my gut feeling on it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Remember if it is modded you'll need to know exactly what's been done to it as you'll need to declare everything to an insurance company.

If it's been modded for its entire 75,000 mile lifetime then for me, probably wrongly, I'd keep looking, do modded cars get worse wear and tear than standards? Has it got an STOC stickers on it, may be a member's old car

Don't worry about the salesman, he's not been modded, being a t
sser is standard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.