Ford Focus ST Forum banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Do ST170 discs and callipers fit? I know they are an upgrade on the fiesta ST150, but I believe 17” rims are required. Speaking of which, I do have a set of 17” Mondeo ST200 alloys sat in my shed, that could be had for a reasonable price😁, but they do need a refurb. They’re very similar to Puma Racing alloys.
Yeah the st150 is a common upgrade for the puma which I may look into in the future, although I plan on keeping it looks as standard as possible on the outside.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
So I'm still waiting for the driveshaft oil seal to arrive, decided to pull the shocks off and replace the tops mounts and bearing as the squeaking and knocking was driving me nuts.
Automotive tire Road surface Gas Automotive wheel system Circle

You can see the difference between the old and new.
Automotive tire Light Tableware Drinkware Tread

I also got the cat put back on.
Automotive tire Wood Grey Asphalt Road surface

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I finally finished all the jobs and got it back on 4 wheels again today, started at 8am and finished and took it for a blast at half 5.
The first job was the brakes, remove the old rusty calipers and worn and pitted discs. I fit the new 258mm discs, carriers and new calipers as well as new flexi hoses. I had thought about going with some braided lines but with the puma it's a bit of a nightmare as they don't come with the supporting brackets that bolt onto the strut.
Here are the original 240mm discs next to the new 258mm and just for a laugh an old MK2 st disc.
Automotive tire Wheel Bicycle part Wood Rim

Azure World Font Electric blue Rectangle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs Vehicle brake Disc brake

Then I moved onto the coolant leaks. I traced it to the sort of manifold that sends coolant to the heater matrix and the radiator, once the hoses were off it was obvious that both hoses were leaking. With the housing being aluminium any coolant that gets between the hoses and aluminium fitting cause it to grow and deform the hose and push against the spring clip.
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

Circle Road surface Asphalt Metal Soil

Automotive tire Asphalt Gas Automotive exterior Auto part

While I was there I replaced the coolant temperature sensor as well.
Light Headgear Hood Material property Bag

Once that was sorted I moved onto fitting the new engine mount. Should have been a nice easy job but it requires a 41mm socket to remove the aluminium part of the mount. Who the hell has a 41mm socket just sitting around.
Road surface Asphalt Gas Circle Auto part

Went for an easy job after that and replaced the throttle position sensor.
Light Product Auto part Electric blue Electronic device

By this point i was getting fed up and stopped taking pictures, but the next job was fitting the new exhaust. Nothing special just a cheap Hoffmann system to last until I get a decent system.
Nickel Auto part Metal Pipe Fashion accessory

Surprisingly it fit rather well, after reading posts from other puma owners it's supposed to be quite loud but compared to the st it's pretty tame.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts