Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another couple of candidates for the worst first cars a 1975 Austin Allegro which did’nt even last long enough to pass my test followed by a 1974 Morris Marina 1.8 coupe and before anyone asks no it wasn’t a TC

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
4,217 Posts
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

My old Cavalier SRi (A reg), not my first car, but my second and first I had 100% of choice over (in other words my parents didn't help pay for).

Note the sticker in the very rear side window, a conversion chart from litres to gallons that petrol stations used to give you to help with the conversion in the pricing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Nice cavalier buddy nothing wrong with 1 of them bk in the day never mind the conversion chat is that a garfield I can spot aswell 🤣👍top bloke for funding your car yourself not like some who have a bank of mum and dad

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
4,217 Posts
Nice cavalier buddy nothing wrong with 1 of them bk in the day never mind the conversion chat is that a garfield I can spot aswell 🤣👍top bloke for funding your car yourself not like some who have a bank of mum and dad
Yes it is a Garfield, I think the sun eventually rotted him out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
View attachment 904452

My old Cavalier SRi (A reg), not my first car, but my second and first I had 100% of choice over (in other words my parents didn't help pay for).

Note the sticker in the very rear side window, a conversion chart from litres to gallons that petrol stations used to give you to help with the conversion in the pricing.
Never saw an SRi that colour. My wife collected Garfields. I used to go to the warehouse shop of the company that imported them, Dakins at Waterbeach near Cambridge, to buy them.

My Cavalier was an SR so 1.6 4 speed gearbox rather than 1.8i 5 speed. Still shifted though.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts