Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! anybody out there fitted 15mm rear wheel spacers? if so any chance of directions on how to do it please or is there a thread on here how to fit them?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
QUOTE(TheCustomTouch @ 26 Dec 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What sort did ya get?

IVe got the eibach ones on mine.

+1 . I have Eibach's on the front and WP Pro's on the rear . Given the choice i would go for the Eibach's all round though !!!!!!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
hi, thanks for the reply. currently i have h&r 20mm wide ones on the rear only, the type that bolt to the existing hub, then you bolt the wheel to the spacer. however i have had a gaz coilover kit fitted, improved the handling brilliantly but the rear wheels scrape now! im looking at fitting 15mm rear spacers from eibach or h&r. i just wondered how hard they are to fit considering you have to fit longer wheel studs. is it difficult to fit the longer studs?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(troy45 @ 27 Dec 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't think you change the wheel studs - the spacers fit over the original studs, and are fixed with nuts then have their own studs attached to them for the wheel nuts.

hi troy - the 20mm wide H&R i currently have on, do exactly that, but the 15mm wide H&R and eibachs come c/w longer wheel studs that replace the original studs in the original hub, this i know for a fact. I just wondered how difficult a job it is to remove the original wheel studs and replace with longer ones supplied with the 15mm spacers. I currently have 20mm spacers fitted, but they are too wide.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(evilone @ 27 Dec 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>here you go fella
http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Eibach-Pro...&hl=evilone

Hi - This link is to fit the 20mm spacers that i already have on my car. the spacers in this link are the ones with wheel studs in the spacer plate already. The spacers i am referring to come with new longer wheel studs to replace the original wheelstuds. When you get a spacer thinner than 20mm, there is not enough room for the wheel nuts within the spacer plate, therefore you have to replace the ORIGINAL wheel studs with longer ones and the 15mm spacer plate just becomes a spacer, it does not have wheel studs in it. Or is there anybody out there who can tell me that eibach or h&r make 15mm spacers that do bolt to the hub by the exisiting wheel studs, because h&r and eibach only list them as 20mm, their 15mm spacers come with longer wheel studs to replace the original wheel studs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts