Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
No Parking
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had or used one of these?

The jumper cables that go between 12v sockets rather than battery to battery?

Just wondering if they work, are safe etc?

Ta

Dan

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
i have a jump pack i got from halfords its nearly ten years old and it still works a treat.its great for jump starting the car.
but i use it more when im away fishing for a few days as it has 2 charger points so i can charge my phone and psp.and it has a light on the side of it cost about £80 but well worth it

·
Registered
732 Posts
Socket to socket ones won't work as the socket has no power when the ignition is off.

You shouldn't jump start any modern ford with smart charge as it can fry ECU's. If the battery is flat then you are recommended to remove and charge the battery or replace!

·
No Parking
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Socket to socket ones won't work as the socket has no power when the ignition is off.

You shouldn't jump start any modern ford with smart charge as it can fry ECU's. If the battery is flat then you are recommended to remove and charge the battery or replace!
Thanks guys, much obliged!

I'm thinking for the wife's old Toyota Rich, no chance of frying an expensive ecu in that! She won't change it and it tends to have a fit in the cold and I don't trust her with proper cables!
(that's not sexism talking its experience!)

Out of interest I thought the ST 12v socket stayed live? If i leave something plugged in it keeps charging with the ignition off?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts