Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
CP320
1,756 Posts
Maybe...

I think my PFL was one of the earliest (Sept 05) so perhaps it had the most faults to be ironed out.

I remember back in the 70's my dad told me the best cars to buy were the last ones of a model run, not the first.

Having said that I just checked its MOT history and it's still on the road at 17yo and done 100,00m ! :D
Yeah I completely agree that as time goes on the engineers will discover and fix underlying faults but the point I was making is that there is very little mechanically different between the PFL and FL cars.

Glad your old car is still going strong! (y)

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just back from the break in the Yorkshire Dales... and the old ST didnt miss a beat... a total joy to drive on those brilliant roads ! :love:

Literally up hill and down dale, it drove perfectly. As well as being fast and fun, it still rode comfortably. A great all-rounder. :cool:

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

Tire Cloud Vehicle Wheel Car

The only car issue was partly my fault...
One day I came back and noticed one of my headlight washer-jet covers was missing. I guessed it may have come off when I parked on some rough ground high in the hills. I went back the next day and looked for it, but no sign there. :oops:

The day after we were passing the same place and I had another look... nope. Then later, coming back that way I slowed as I passed that place and saw something blue - and there it was on the ground !! :D

I just need to work out how to re-fit it ! :confused:

·
Registered
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,751 Posts
If they're a similar construction to preface lift you may just be able to glue the painted bit back on.

I'm still awaiting mine back from the body shop after delay after delay... But bought on 50k now 150k.

Hardly done any milage this year partly as I've not had her for half of it... But we're somewhere North of 10 years now.

And I'm desperate to get her back 😂 still don't think I'll ever sell up.

I know someone once who had an early model of a car, found it faultless, bought one of the last models of the same car and had nothing but nightmares with it, mostly because when it broke the listed part wasn't the correct part for it because it was cobbled together with what was left 😂 good ol' French... But buying one of the first models when new seems to be consistently a bad idea. Buying an early model after they've found the faults doesn't seem to be so bad. Unless it's a Renault ide engine with an unfixable fault anyway 😂

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll see if I can find any videos or might just ask my garage to do it.

This is where it happened when I scraped the underside of the front bumper on the dip getting parked up for the great view...
Cloud Sky Plant Vehicle Tire

21 - 28 of 28 Posts