Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start a debate here this question is just general curiosity what would the 0 to 60 be for a 310bhp st be would it just be the same as the rs?

Regards Scott

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Before I start a debate here this question is just general curiosity what would the 0 to 60 be for a 310bhp st be would it just be the same as the rs?

Regards Scott
Maybe slower due to traction issues. The RS has a LSD.

Saying that. They reckon a stage 1 ST is quicker to 100 than an RS, but slower top end.

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
Tuners don't often give 0-60 times but to give you an idea Mountune quote the following for their maps.

MP260 = 5.8
MR290 = 5.6

Doubt that you would ever manage this in the real world though.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Mine recently rollered @ 313.8bhp and I can confirm it pulls a standard
's pants down both 0 - 60 or 0 - ***mph................

in the dry!!!!

In the wet there is nothing in it off the mark. Obviously we are talking straight lines, once a roundabout or bend comes into it the
says bye bye wet or dry!!!!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
What is the hang up with BHP guys, it just shows that there is a severe lack of education between bhp and torque, particularly in a 0-60 contest

A 310bhp ST compared to an RS which is 305bhp at standard and most people would still think that it should be evenly matched, i have yet to see any tuner producing a map for the ST that produces less Torque than BHP and even with the RS being standard at around 324 ft/lbs of torque, most tuned ST's particularly those with over 300bhp tend to have quite a bit more torque. So it stands to reason that if the ST is lighter then if it has more torque it should reach 60 quicker, it would likely reach 100 quicker too.

It is torque that gets you a good 0-60 time not bhp.

Also whilst we are on the subject, a Limited slip differential is for distribution of power to the wheels particularly when cornering, but should only really help in a 0-60 run when the launch has been that poor that traction has been lost

A perfect launch and there should be no loss of traction so whilst an LSD might be beneficial, if it's needed its because you have lost traction to one wheel.

To my way of thinking the ESP (if you are using it) would have kicked in and robbed you off time by that point anyway

I actually found ESP a good tool for getting used to launching the car quickly and smoothly.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Its all just pub talk haha Someone make some free to use web calculator that lets us punch in figures and see how theoretically quick the cars are.... fuel prices keep going up this is how its going to be soon anyway. We will all sit in our cars and watch a display of the virtual result, much like a modern version of those racing camels at funfairs and arcades

·
Registered
647 Posts
best thing to do is buy blutooth obd2 reaader and the torque app then find a private road.
they will time all sorts of runs without checking watches etc and is acurate , to your cars internal speed anyways.
and really 0-60 is usless measurent these days your far better off with in gear times to which torque band is king

1 - 20 of 21 Posts