Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Took my best mate on a Drivers Dream Day yesterday, some amazing cars and worth every penny.

At the Track DB9's, 360 and 430 Ferrari's 911 Turbo's Lambo's an Ariel Atom and a new Skyline GTR.

Was talking to the driver of the Ariel attom which was by far the fastest car at the venue to 140 the thing was shockingly quick.

The driver said nothin would touch it but the new GTR Nissan was the second fastest car at the track and for £50K was immense, he did mention the servicing cost however are that of a £200K supercar absolutely rediculous.

I didn't think much of it until I just came across this OMG I bet the bloke nearly fell over!!!

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/127250-accident...what-i-did.html

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts

£11,000???

I know I would be spitting bullets if it happened to me, but my God......£11,000? That's so expensive it's funny.

That's over 20% of the value of the car.....brand new!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The last trackday I was on, my mate crashed his M3 CSL into the tyre wall and that cost him circa £11k to fix IIRC. Bumper alone was £2,500!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Dream Weaver @ 16 Nov 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The last trackday I was on, my mate crashed his M3 CSL into the tyre wall and that cost him circa £11k to fix IIRC. Bumper alone was £2,500!!

Thtas what I said when someone on here was on a bout buying one becuase you can pick them up realatively cheap now.

But you need to remember thats a 50-60K car repairs and services dont get any cheaper just because the residual value of the car has OUCH!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Its gotta be a joke!! Who in ther right mind would pay out 11k for very minor damage and for nissan's technology gone mad!! I would have taken the car back to dealer as is asking for a refund!! 11k is seriously taking the piiiss lol!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(stevejones4497 @ 16 Nov 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its gotta be a joke!! Who in ther right mind would pay out 11k for very minor damage and for nissan's technology gone mad!! I would have taken the car back to dealer as is asking for a refund!! 11k is seriously taking the piiiss lol!!

His insurance company I'm guessing, I read in the thread the rams were £3k so the scuff and ECU were a bargain at £8k surely an ECU is an ECU it cant be that expensive. Unless as they had the car for 5 weeks I think it says, they must have charged by the hour for 5 weeks lol!!

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
It does sound like a extortionate prices from Nissan, the car is supposed to be a super car beating bargain? I know the running costs are high, but there must be stacks of cars with light front shunts that set this off, i know i wouldn't be very happy.

But i haven't got one so i can just

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 16 Nov 2009, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It does sound like a extortionate prices from Nissan, the car is supposed to be a super car beating bargain? I know the running costs are high, but there must be stacks of cars with light front shunts that set this off, i know i wouldn't be very happy.

But i haven't got one so i can just

Until one comes past you like you were sat in neutral...................they are silly fast I tell thee !!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts