General Rant Thread - Page 222 - General Topic Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

General Rant Thread

• Please log in to reply
3325 replies to this topic

andip85

andip85
  • Club Member
  • 987 posts
  • Leeds
  • Andrew
  • Owns:ST225(CP340)

He doesn't do anything any more, he gets BD Performance to do it. What surprises me is it is a long way from Plymouth to Wrexham, so I wonder if it really is a necessary journey......oh wait, I expect it was all pre-covid??

I was behind him in Weston, as I had just gone shopping and he drives the car like a :censored:, it definitely is an ASBO car, and not that special, though I wouldn't turn it down for the parts.

Did think the same - but as it's "his business" it's "allowed" supposedly. (Personally I don't agree, but then I'm probably not his target audience). It's a tie up with BD to boost the presence of both in the scene and get some free stuff from them at the same time. Some of the police videos were interesting though (but mostly common sense tbh).

Enjoy watching his videos, but not totally sure he's as "clued up" about ST's as he may want people to believe from the videos. Still, entertaining enough and fair play to him if he can get some companies to give him free stuff!

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

justcos

justcos
  • Club Member
  • 835 posts
  • Livingston
  • Craig
  • Owns:Focus st3

Finally got round to fitting my front white line ARB I never ever want to do this again what a complete ball ache it was :( I was definitely ranting some swear words :facepalm: 

caprixpack

caprixpack
  • Club Member
  • 1491 posts

Finally got round to fitting my front white line ARB I never ever want to do this again what a complete ball ache it was :( I was definitely ranting some swear words :facepalm: 

Did you have to drop the subframe or can you get away with just rear and loosen the front?
  • justcos likes this

justcos

justcos
  • Club Member
  • 835 posts
  • Livingston
  • Craig
  • Owns:Focus st3

Did you have to drop the subframe or can you get away with just rear and loosen the front?

I unbolted the subframe leaving it attached only by the wish bones. As I said never again :lol:

NigelStap

NigelStap
  • Club Member
  • 4223 posts
  • Norwich
  • Nigel
  • Owns:ST225

eBay sellers who cannot answer simple technical questions such as: What is the minimum inside diameter of a wheel in order to be able to fit the brakes you are selling?

All they need to do is get a disc and calliper then measure them. Instead they reply with "sorry I do not know that but 18 inch wheels normally fit".

• Bigayal likes this

K3FUS

K3FUS
  • Forum User
  • 4154 posts
  • North Norfolk
  • keith

eBay sellers who cannot answer simple technical questions such as: What is the minimum inside diameter of a wheel in order to be able to fit the brakes you are selling?

All they need to do is get a disc and calliper then measure them. Instead they reply with "sorry I do not know that but 18 inch wheels normally fit".

Ask the following:

"Will you give me a full refund if I measure them and they don't fit?"

• NigelStap and Noisy Boy like this

NigelStap

NigelStap
  • Club Member
  • 4223 posts
  • Norwich
  • Nigel

Ask the following:

"Will you give me a full refund if I measure them and they don't fit?"

That may be too much for them to compute.

• K3FUS likes this

K3FUS

K3FUS
  • Forum User
  • 4154 posts
  • North Norfolk
  • keith

That may be too much for them to compute.

Especially those who speak "Chinglish"

AlexDH

AlexDH
  • Club Member
  • 2548 posts
  • Alex

You tubers that I follow all copying each other with five things I like or hate about my car WTF get the spanners out and entertain me :(

Do you watch anything other than ST owners? Project Binky is one of the greatest car related YouTube series I've found, definitely worth a watch :)

Samson79

Samson79
  • Club Member
  • 622 posts
  • Glossop
  • Sam
  • Owns:St mk2
I watch adam c,find him quite entertaining on his car meets

AndyC71

AndyC71
  • Club Member
  • 654 posts
  • Somerset
  • Andy
  • Owns:CP340exMR290
I absolutely love Car Throttle, the Top Gear of you tube.
  • kiemuloly likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users