Sports cat prices ?? - Page 2 - Focus ST Mk3 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

Sports cat prices ??

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Jason Sullivan

Jason Sullivan
  • Club Member
  • 2927 posts
  • Caerphilly South Wales
  • Jason
  • Owns:MK3 RS

As already said downpipe and sports cat keep the exhaust gas temps down which is a problem in the MK3 due to manifold being cast into the head.

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Dave Y

Dave Y
  • Club Member
  • 236 posts
I will definitely get one , which one is the issue.

Stu-e

Stu-e
  • Club Member
  • 98 posts
They're all basically the same mate so get the one that's in your budget, I had the mongoose one from A and K as it was the best price, there's a scorpion one on eBay new for 462 or you can try the eBay one for 290.

If it was me I would go for a branded one Miltek Mongoose etc as you know it will be the same quality material every time.

eBay ones may or may not, so it's up to you if you want to save 100 quid or so, only you can make that decision pal 👍

Matt Lewis also has Scorpion for 460
https://mattlewismot...-cat-5391-p.asp

Dave Y

Dave Y
  • Club Member
  • 236 posts
i got in touch with Matt Lewis,they wont have any in stock till June 8th. Which is a pity because there is a 10% discount at the moment. Also you have to buy the bolts and gaskets separately.plus postage

Stu-e

Stu-e
  • Club Member
  • 98 posts
What bolts are needed ? Just standard exhaust gasket and bolts for the cat back side , the turbo side has a 'V' band clamp which is 40 quid from ford.
I replaced mine but yours may be reusable.
There's always something else you have to get I find when working on cars, if you do it properly anyway.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users