Performance Pack - Page 2 - Focus ST Mk4 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

Performance Pack

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Ron240

Ron240
  • Forum User
  • 2031 posts
  • Fife
  • Ronnie
  • Owns:Mercedes CLA

Yeah, that and the huge appetite for screenwash with the headlamp washers.

Yes, although the washers only activate when headlamps are on and even then not on every cycle.
For me the biggest negative is the soapy mess it leaves on the front of the car which also extends onto the bonnet.
I am happy that headlamp technology has currently evolved to make a washing system unnecessary.
  • colinmcg71 likes this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Pitsparky

Pitsparky
  • Forum User
  • 117 posts
  • Brig
  • Owns:Mk4
I think they are a good safety improvement and work well in filthy winter conditions especially on motorways. Had them on many cars and wouldnt by choice be without them. And never had any go wrong ever, thats not an argument against them at all. And cannot say I notice any issues with water usage either. Fords profiteering and downgrading removed them. I deliberately chose a car with them rather than without, had the choice of both. The other was the poor lcd dash, prefer gauges by miles over cheap lcd screens.

KD372a

KD372a
  • Club Member
  • 280 posts
  • Reigate, Surrey
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST225
Personally, it wouldn't buy another car with headlight washers. Especially after change the pump twice and the pop up covers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users