• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Rob6285

Rob6285
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts
  • rob
  • Owns:Mk4
Hi, I might be returning to ST ownership soon and wondered if any owners could clear a few things up for me regarding options avaliable from new.

I'm after the performance pack and HUD, is there a way of telling if it has the performance pack is fitted without viewing a car? I've red red calipers are a sign, but also read that red calipers are standard regardless.

It seems at some point that HUD became standard, also some cars I've seen have headlight washers and some dont.

I'm viewing a car on Sunday, and wondered if there was a way of checking its spec beforehand.

It's a 70 plate October registration if that helps!

Cheers

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Alb

Alb
  • Administrator
  • 24042 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Alb
  • Owns:Mk2 RS MP350

If you have the VIN you could check on ETIS.

gbgaz

gbgaz
  • Club Member
  • 435 posts

I can't comment on performance pack Rob, but i'd guess that the cars with headlamp washers have xenon headlights and the ones without don't.... thats mostly how its worked in recent years - by law a car with xenon lights must be fitted with headlamp washers.

colinmcg71

colinmcg71
  • Club Member
  • 43 posts
  • Perthshire
  • Col
  • Owns:Mk4 ST m330

Hi Rob, there's no easy way to tell whether an ST has the Performance Pack or not. As @Alb said above the only sure way to find out is to enter the reg/VIN on etis.

As far as I know all Mk4 STs should have headlamp washers as the adaptive LED headlamps are standard equipment.

KD372a

KD372a
  • Club Member
  • 280 posts
  • Reigate, Surrey
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST225
Even though its on a 70 plate it's an older build as it won't have the full LED headlight. Due to the give away popup washers.
Performance Pack is still £250 option, adds a shift indicator, launch control and rev matching.

Rob6285

Rob6285
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts
  • rob
Thanks for all your help chaps, checked on etis unfortunately said it dont have performance pack, although it says it has variable ambient lighting, which I thought was also part of the pack. That said I checked another car that is for sale with the pack and etis says it dont have the pack either, so etis is wrong or I've picked two mongrels!

Guess the only way is to go look at it... thanks again!

KD372a

KD372a
  • Club Member
  • 280 posts
  • Reigate, Surrey
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST225
Best to ask the dealer or seller as the option packs were changed for My21 builds.
Try the Ford configurator. UK one doesn't have the ST listed
Try https://www.ford.ie/...ies=ACMKC_VS-C9

colinmcg71

colinmcg71
  • Club Member
  • 43 posts
  • Perthshire
  • Col
Just checked mine, which definitely does have the performance pack. Etis says Less Performance Pack. Strange.

henrik_7

henrik_7
  • Club Member
  • 136 posts
  • Lanarkshire
  • C
  • Owns:ST

Hi Rob, there's no easy way to tell whether an ST has the Performance Pack or not. As @Alb said above the only sure way to find out is to enter the reg/VIN on etis.

As far as I know all Mk4 STs should have headlamp washers as the adaptive LED headlamps are standard equipment.

Headlamps washers are no longer fitted on more recent vehicles even though the adaptive LED headlamps are still fitted.
  • colinmcg71 and JCAmaral like this

Ron240

Ron240
  • Forum User
  • 2031 posts
  • Fife
  • Ronnie
  • Owns:Mercedes CLA
Headlamp washers are only required if the light output is above 2000 lumens.
The majority of Xenon systems are above this but more recent LED systems are not so no need to fit washers.
My current and previous 2 cars have had LED lights but only one of them had washers.
I don't like washers because all they do is cause a mess over the front of the car and bonnet.

Joel 81

Joel 81
  • Club Member
  • 11 posts
  • Joel
  • Owns:Mk4 Focus ST
You can often tell if there are photos of the dash and you can see track mode or launch control in them. Possibly less likely to come up on the newer cars with the digital dash.

Rob6285

Rob6285
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts
  • rob
Thanks all for your help. Viewed today, had HUD & performance pack. It also has a new owner with a big grin, and is sat on the drive right now!

Have to say it's a massive step up from the Mk3 ST3 I had a couple years ago... just need to investigate the door card rattle when the radio is on and it will be perfect!

Thanks again for everybody's replies!
  • kiemuloly and colinmcg71 like this

shawty1984

shawty1984
  • Forum User
  • 21 posts
  • Andrew
  • Owns:None

Even though its on a 70 plate it's an older build as it won't have the full LED headlight. Due to the give away popup washers.
Performance Pack is still £250 option, adds a shift indicator, launch control and rev matching.

All Focus ST's have the full LED headlights regardless of the popup washers. I have a May 2020 built with no popup washers. Also the performance pack is now £800, has been for a while.
  • colinmcg71 likes this

Alb

Alb
  • Administrator
  • 24042 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Alb
  • Owns:Mk2 RS MP350

I'd be quite happy to lose the washers.

Just something else to go wrong.

colinmcg71

colinmcg71
  • Club Member
  • 43 posts
  • Perthshire
  • Col

I'd be quite happy to lose the washers.
Just something else to go wrong.

Yeah, that and the huge appetite for screenwash with the headlamp washers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users