ChrisKnottIns

ChrisKnottIns
  • Sponsor
  • 704 posts
  • Nick
  • Owns:ST225
The 21 day insurance myth

Hi,

There's a partial myth going round that the best time to buy your car insurance is 21 days before expiry.

I say partial because while it may be true with some of the comparison sites (who'll likely increase your quote if you buy close to expiry), there are some other quality providers that don't adopt these tactics or penalise you for leaving the purchase a little late.

With Chris Knott's offering to car clubs and enthusiast groups, it doesn't matter whether you buy 21 days before or at the last minute. Our quotes are valid for 30 days, so if you get a Chris Knott quote 21 days early we'll honour that price right up to your renewal date as long as nothing has changed.

Because we factor your best alternative quote into the process you can even call us the day before expiry and we'll use your lowest quote from the last 30 days as the benchmark to beat (subject to seeing proof).

So don't just accept a high quote because you've left it a bit late and think you're out of options - give Chris Knott a call.

You can request a quote callback at:

or call us when you're ready to go through the quote:
0800 917 2274 (please mention this forum)

best,
Nick
Chris Knott Insurance

PS. Don't forget to take part in our Virtual Show & Shine on social media (see separate post in this forum section).

Trustpilot Feedback received from happy customers...

"What a great company to deal with - 50% lower than every other quote so happy to give them my business will definitely recommend them in future." D McAllister, Trustpilot

"Excellent customer service and a great price, undercut my previous insurer by £70 and got better cover with lower excess, brilliant!!" Simon, Trustpilot

"Great service, despite numerous tweaks to my policy, there was no problem and very competitive price." dave21120, Trustpilot

"Excellent. This was my first contact with Chris Knott Insurance in 42 years of driving, I wish I had found them sooner, all my needs were catered for regarding my classic car insurance and at a reasonable price, the staff are friendly and knowledgeable, would highly recommend them." K Brooker, Trustpilot

"Excellent service, the person I dealt with was very helpful and polite. I was very pleased with my car insurance quote as this beat my current provider by a significant amount." C Lumb, Trustpilot

CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE - the right choice for FocusSTOC members :: EXTRA DISCOUNTS for MULTI-CAR, LOYALTY and REFERRALS
QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 for mobiles) :: CLUB CODE: FOT-894

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

s66anb

s66anb
  • Club Member
  • 268 posts
  • Fife
  • sean
  • Owns:ST225
I've found this with doing quotes last minute. Best thing to do is set the insurance up for a later date then call the insurer provide them with the quote reference and ask for the date to be brought forward.

teflonbilly

teflonbilly
  • Club Member
  • 1079 posts
  • Billy
  • Owns:ST2 Mk2

Or log in to your price comparison site each day for 30 days leading up to your renewal and refresh prices, then use the best price given when you take your policy out.  This sounds a bit sad but it only takes a minute and when I did this a year or so back the difference between best and worst prices was something like £50 so worth doing.

Edit - my renewal is due in 5 weeks or so so I can't get a quote to start on the exact date yet.  However I got some quotes a few days ago, just refreshed it now and the best price has dropped by about £23 (same provider).

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 1189 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.
Dont understand why insurance companies would rather give a better price to a complete stranger, rather than someone reliable, who that are already insuring, why also do they want your best quote, just give us the very best quote you can, not just try and undercut some other insurers best price by a few quid.

M1tch666

M1tch666
  • Club Member
  • 50 posts
  • Colin
  • Owns:2018 ST2

Dont understand why insurance companies would rather give a better price to a complete stranger, rather than someone reliable, who that are already insuring, why also do they want your best quote, just give us the very best quote you can, not just try and undercut some other insurers best price by a few quid.

I second that, or when you phone to say you have found it cheaper elsewhere with the same cover they say 'what if we match it?'. If you could match it why wasn't that my renewal offer at the time.......bye bye.

• trevorb and sttwoton like this

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 1189 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.
Theyre hoping you will just take the renewal without checking, thats how they get even more money out of you, but I recon, most people are getting wise to that and are getting quotes elsewhere.

teflonbilly

teflonbilly
  • Club Member
  • 1079 posts
  • Billy
  • Owns:ST2 Mk2

It's nothing to do with reliable customers, the risk factor is unrelated.  It's like tossing a coin and getting 10 heads in a row, the odds of getting a heads on the next toss is still 50/50 even though a gambler's brain is tricking them into thinking that a tails is more likely.

• Jason Sullivan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users