Good quality discs for a mk1 ST170 - Other Marque | Automotive Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

Good quality discs for a mk1 ST170

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

alex98uk

alex98uk
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts
  • Alex
  • Owns:None

Hello,

Wasn't sure where best to ask this, but thought perhaps those in the Focus scene may have some wisdom.

I am due to fit RenaultSport Brembos to my Fiesta, which uses a 300mm Focus ST170 disc. I primarily use the car on track, so was wondering whether anyone has recommendations for good quality discs. I'll be using PBS Ceramic pads, so the disc wear will be higher than normal.

There seem to be quite a lot of different options, from cheap ECP to expensive EBC stuff. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

NickFST3

NickFST3
  • Club Member
  • 5613 posts
  • Lincolnshire
  • Nick
  • Owns:Mk3.5 ST3

For me you have to go a long way to beat standard Ford OEM discs but if you give Andy at A&K Motorsport a shout he will be able to advise - and supply - as required.

• A and K Motorsport and alex98uk like this

alex98uk

alex98uk
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts
  • Alex

For me you have to go a long way to beat standard Ford OEM discs but if you give Andy at A&K Motorsport a shout he will be able to advise - and supply - as required.

Cheers, I was thinking to just run Ford OEM blanks, but wasn't sure if there was "better".

I'm not that familiar with disc technology.

Jason Sullivan

Jason Sullivan
  • Club Member
  • 2927 posts
  • Caerphilly South Wales
  • Jason
  • Owns:MK3 RS

Cheers, I was thinking to just run Ford OEM blanks, but wasn't sure if there was "better".

I'm not that familiar with disc technology.

My son is big into tracking his Fiesta and would highly recommend EBC on the Fiesta.

He is running AP racing but it all depends how much you are prepared to spend as they are expensive but you wont be able to run them on the Brembo's anyway.

alex98uk

alex98uk
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts
  • Alex

My son is big into tracking his Fiesta and would highly recommend EBC on the Fiesta.

He is running AP racing but it all depends how much you are prepared to spend as they are expensive but you wont be able to run them on the Brembo's anyway.

Good to know. I've been using EBC discs on standard calipers with PBS ProRace pads and had no issues.

• Jason Sullivan likes this

Jason Sullivan

Jason Sullivan
  • Club Member
  • 2927 posts
  • Caerphilly South Wales
  • Jason
  • Owns:MK3 RS

Good to know. I've been using EBC discs on standard calipers with PBS ProRace pads and had no issues.

You may have already done this but he would also recommend HEL braided lines, Tarox high temp racing brake fluid and bleed the brakes using the ABS module with ForScan. His favourite choice of pads is Ferodo DS2500

alex98uk

alex98uk
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts
  • Alex

You may have already done this but he would also recommend HEL braided lines, Tarox high temp racing brake fluid and bleed the brakes using the ABS module with ForScan. His favourite choice of pads is Ferodo DS2500

Cheers. I've already got EBC braided lines, Motul RBF660, fog light cooling ducts. Just needed new calipers!

I had used the DS2500, but I wasn't impressed with wear rate. They would only last me one day on track, whereas the ceramic PBS ProRace are lasting me 2-3 days (although presumably with higher disc wear)
  • Jason Sullivan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users