21 replies to this topic

s66anb

s66anb
  • Club Member
  • 251 posts
  • Fife
  • sean
  • Owns:ST225
Looking at getting a few things for my st and just wondering what's the best options and where's the best place to buy them

Going for an intercooler and thinking just a stage 1 airtec.

Lowering springs I'm thinking I'll just buy cobra springs but still not 100% sure as I've always ran eibachs on other cars.

And the 3rd thing will be a downpipe. I've got an airtec decat pipe sat in the shed so would I be best buying an airtec downpipe as well? Or are the cheapo eBay ones just as good?

Cheers
Sean

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

caprixpack

caprixpack
  • Club Member
  • 1556 posts
I've got a cheapo eBay 3" downpipe on mine, to me it seems absolutely ridiculous to spend £100 + more for pretty much the same thing with a an airtec or scorpion tag welded to the side. I bought a toyosport one and the fit is perfect, has been on nearly 2 years and 20k miles without any issues.

Suspension I'm running the koni str.t setup, it's a nice balance of lower and stiffer without shaking the car to bits or scraping the underside constantly.

Intercooler wise I went with a stage one focuspeed from a&k, basically the same thing as the airtec but cheaper.
  • s66anb likes this

s66anb

s66anb
  • Club Member
  • 251 posts
  • Fife
  • sean
I'd probably be as well getting a map as well. I've ran a bluefin on my old st and wasn't that keen on the power delivery. The way the car delivers the power at the moment feels good. It feels progressive and really starts to get going at 4k and pulls well upto the limit. This is the kinda map I'd like to go for. Not something that gives out a load of torque which kills the clutch and at 4k+ runs out of puff
  • whitetop likes this

caprixpack

caprixpack
  • Club Member
  • 1556 posts
It's always worth doing the mods first before mapping.

s66anb

s66anb
  • Club Member
  • 251 posts
  • Fife
  • sean
Moneys in the bank the now so I was planning on just getting everything in 1 go.

There's an imap for sale in the classified so I'll do a bit of reading on my dinner break to see what that maps like.

justcos

justcos
  • Club Member
  • 935 posts
  • Livingston
  • Craig
  • Owns:Focus st3

Looking at getting a few things for my st and just wondering what's the best options and where's the best place to buy them

Going for an intercooler and thinking just a stage 1 airtec.

Lowering springs I'm thinking I'll just buy cobra springs but still not 100% sure as I've always ran eibachs on other cars.

And the 3rd thing will be a downpipe. I've got an airtec decat pipe sat in the shed so would I be best buying an airtec downpipe as well? Or are the cheapo eBay ones just as good?

Cheers
Sean

There an Airtec downpipe on gumtree for sale maybe worth the drive :)
  • s66anb likes this

s66anb

s66anb
  • Club Member
  • 251 posts
  • Fife
  • sean

There an Airtec downpipe on gumtree for sale maybe worth the drive :)

Yeah I've been looking at it for a while but it's no longer there. I'm guessing the boy must have sold it
  • justcos likes this

s66anb

s66anb
  • Club Member
  • 251 posts
  • Fife
  • sean
Cobra springs are ordered and should be with me by Friday.

Phill P

Phill P
  • Club Member
  • 1066 posts
  • Paul
  • Owns:2006 st3
I ran bluefin stage 1,horrible map, diesel like. Stage 2 much nicer, went over to collins cp2/cp320 a couple of weeks ago, lovely map. Would thoroughly recommend collins.
  • s66anb likes this

FastEddie

FastEddie
  • Forum User
  • 4044 posts
Dreamscience maps are well-rated and their handsets are great VFM as you can switch between the various maps whenever you like, and sell it on in the future.
  • s66anb likes this

justcos

justcos
  • Club Member
  • 935 posts
  • Livingston
  • Craig
  • Owns:Focus st3

Yeah I've been looking at it for a while but it's no longer there. I'm guessing the boy must have sold it

I messaged him and asked for you it’s sold :(

• s66anb likes this

s66anb

s66anb
  • Club Member
  • 251 posts
  • Fife
  • sean
Toyosport downpipe ordered.

Cobra springs should be with me on Friday and hopefully fit them on Saturday.

Just need to get an intercooler and possibly a remap next.

A and K Motorsport

A and K Motorsport

A and K Motorsport

• Sponsor
  • 8019 posts
  • Kent
  • Andy & Kirsty

:thumbsup: Drop us a message for the intercooler at club prices. Could have done the Airtec downpipe too. Dont forget a cheap E Bay one might look good on paper but the Airtec comes with Stage 8 Locking Bolts, genuine Ford Turbo to Downpipe Gasket and the gasket and bolts for the cat end making it pretty good value. 

• WelshGeoff, s66anb and NickFST3 like this

A&K MOTORSPORT

WWW.AANDKMOTORSPORT.COM    Tel. 01795 880902

NigelStap

NigelStap
  • Club Member
  • 4265 posts
  • Norwich
  • Nigel
Sports cat is a good investment. I would do that before springs.

If you have a laptop, Collins imap is easy to use and it also does diagnostics.
  • s66anb likes this

s66anb

s66anb
  • Club Member
  • 251 posts
  • Fife
  • sean

Sports cat is a good investment. I would do that before springs.
If you have a laptop, Collins imap is easy to use and it also does diagnostics.

Springs are already ordered and I've got a decat pipe for now. I'll probably buy a sports cat at some point though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users