Picked my ST up at the weekend - Focus ST Mk3 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

Picked my ST up at the weekend

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Dalerst

Dalerst
  • Club Member
  • 11 posts
  • Dale
  • Owns:Focus estate
So at the weekend I picked my first ST in stealth grey, there is a couple of littel scratches on it so I got a bit of cash knocked off the price so I could get them done. After visiting a local body shop today for a quote hes told me the car has already had some pain work done in the past! How concerned should I be? It's a 2017 with 38k on clock full ford service history, full hpi clear done by both me and the dealership I got it from.

At first this morning I was pretty gutted, but having thought about it a bit more it could be down to it being keyed or a shopping trolley down the side or something along those lines.

I will contact the dealer to see if they can shed any light, but I expect them to say they know nothing about it.

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Cfc blue

Cfc blue
  • Club Member
  • 2211 posts
  • Romford
  • Paul
  • Owns:ST250
Which areas of the car have been done does he think

Dalerst

Dalerst
  • Club Member
  • 11 posts
  • Dale

Which areas of the car have been done does he think

Both rear quarters and both doors on passenger side.

Cfc blue

Cfc blue
  • Club Member
  • 2211 posts
  • Romford
  • Paul

Both rear quarters and both doors on passenger side.

may have been keyed, I'd run a magnet over it check for filler,if its a good job I wouldn't worry too much after all you never noticed it till it was pointed out !

Dalerst

Dalerst
  • Club Member
  • 11 posts
  • Dale

may have been keyed, I'd run a magnet over it check for filler,if its a good job I wouldn't worry too much after all you never noticed it till it was pointed out !

Good idea on the magnet, he doesn't think it's been filled anywhere, I would never of noticed if he hadn't of pointed it out.
  • Cfc blue likes this

Cfc blue

Cfc blue
  • Club Member
  • 2211 posts
  • Romford
  • Paul

Good idea on the magnet, he doesn't think it's been filled anywhere, I would never of noticed if he hadn't of pointed it out.

must be a good job then, happy days

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 1112 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.
Get your money back if youre not completely happy, theres plenty around.
  • Drewcole likes this

Madpig

Madpig
  • Club Member
  • 1776 posts
  • Leicestershire
  • John
  • Owns:ST3 M235

Get your money back if youre not completely happy, theres plenty around.

Good advice from my learned colleague above.

I once bought a 6 month old 306 1.4 LX Pug from a local dealer and after a couple of days with it I noticed that the instrument cluster was missing a screw which I thought was really odd. Nothing wrong with the car besides that but it just kind of niggled so I took it back to complain.

Anyway the dealer principal couldn’t have been nicer about it; it turned out that unbeknown to them it had had a new cluster fitted and consequently the advertised mileage was incorrect! They offered me my money back or I could have another one so I had a virtually brand new silver 306 1.4 LX Pug for the same price.

To be fair it was a good car; the 306 shape was the best in my opinion but they lost the plot with the 307!

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 1112 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.
Being a pug, Id have just thought the screw had fallen out. 😆

gino666123

gino666123
  • Club Member
  • 153 posts
  • paul
  • Owns:Mk3 ST3 Estate

did something really dubious when i bought my 2016 car , when the dealer were out of the office , i photo the vc document of the oringinal owners name and address , of previous keeper ,in the event of there been a problem -0 lucky there have been none.

but i thought it  could be invaluable info..opps...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users