7 replies to this topic

billjean

billjean
  • Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Middridge
  • Bill
  • Owns:ST MK3

Attached File  20190320-20190320-20190320_154451-2-2.jpg   88.58KB   0 downloads

Hello, I would just like to introduce myself. I live in the North East, South Durham Area. Although I have been a member for 1 yr, I have never got round to introducing myself. I have been a Ford man ever since I bought a 1970 1600E in 71. Although my first passion are motorcycles & touring, I still like my cars. I have owned a few Focuses from the first model to the present one. I find them easy to service & maintain myself as well as being reliable. (touch wood)?? I bought the present one, ST18 MK111with extra custom packs pre-registered from a Ford dealer. It reminded me of my 1600E, bit a bit more modern & more oomph!!! Although it was only 9 mth. old , I was not impressed with the dealer after I had picked it up. There had been no PDI done, When I got home & checked it over, Tyre pressures were 10 PSI below, under the bonnet was full of leaves & moss at the rear. Glass on the back seat, in the boot & a dent under the rear wiper. Apparently it had been broken into after i had put a deposit on it and the time I had picked it up. Eventually after a lot of arguing I got it sorted. I gave it a full service myself as the dealer would not because it had only done 100 mls and was under a year old. After driving it for a month it was loosing coolant, back to dealer  where eventually they replaced the cooler hose. This was not the problem as I had pointed out. It was a porous Oil Cooler which they disagreed. I took it to another Ford Dealer which diagnosed porous oil cooler, booked in & replaced it. So far everything Hunky dory. I did find the steering tracks on rough roads, 19" Wheels, especially under braking. I am used to it now but a bit disconcerting at first. 

I cannot get my contact numbers to synchronise in the FORD SYNC tm 3, I have a good number being sec of the bike club, is there a limit on size. If I plug into & use Android Auto all appear but then it is Google Maps which are not as clear as SYNC.

Another Question, where I live the tyres are rubbish in snow, does anyone have any suggestions which might improve the grip at a reduction in performance.

Looking forward to any Comments.

Bill McCready

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

KmullST

KmullST
  • Forum User
  • 11 posts
  • Durham
  • Kev
  • Owns:Mk4 ST
Hello Bill another Durham lad here but north end, I would recommend a set of 18s with winter tyres, got these on my my mk4 and difference is amazing, also used winters on my mk3.5 and never had any problems.

Alb

Alb
  • Administrator
  • 23703 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Alb
  • Owns:Mk2 RS MP350

Welcome to the club Bill :)

Another ex Mk2 Cortina (GT) owner here.

Jason Sullivan

Jason Sullivan
  • Club Member
  • 2893 posts
  • Caerphilly South Wales
  • Jason
  • Owns:MK3 RS

Welcome aboard Bill.

1600E was my first car.

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 934 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.
Hi Bill, welcome, I always wanted a 1600E, but ended up with a mini as my first car.

Swifty1

Swifty1
  • Club Member
  • 723 posts
  • South Wales
  • Steve
  • Owns:ST/MP275

:welcome: Bill

Sean B

Sean B

Whipping Boy

• Club Staff
  • 13203 posts
  • Oop north
  • Swifty
  • Owns:AMG C43

:welcome:

Mick.M

Mick.M
  • Club Member
  • 4653 posts
  • Uxbridge
  • Mick
  • Owns:ST225
:welcome: Bill, another 1600e owner here i had three of them in early 80's Amber gold, black and a white one loved them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Introduction, Ford Sync, Tyres

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users