Mk 4 FOCUS ESTATE PETROL PERFORMANCE PACK??? - Focus ST Mk4 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

Mk 4 FOCUS ESTATE PETROL PERFORMANCE PACK???

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Cull24

Cull24
  • Forum User
  • 4 posts
  • Chris
  • Owns:Focus RS
Well the time has come to get rid of my RS with great reluctance. The wife and kids have ground me down and made me give in to them getting a Labrador. So I need a dog car. Im hoping theres someone out there that knows the answer to this.
Can you get the performance pack on the mk 4 petrol focus st estate? The option is available on the hatchback but not the estate when buying brand new. I went to view an estate a few week back and it claimed in the advert it had the performance pack, I drove it and it had launch control and different driving modes which are included in the pack. The dealers say you cant get an estate with the performance pack but Ive seen otherwise. Or could the performance pack be like a standard feature in the estate?
Help please, or just come take the dog so I can keep my rs 🤣
  • damzen likes this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

alexp999

alexp999
  • Forum User
  • 1388 posts
  • Dorset
  • Alex
  • Owns:Focus ST Mk4

You can get the performance pack with the estate, but it doesn't include adaptive dampers and the driving modes therefore obviously can't change the ride like in the hatchback.

That's probably what the dealer was getting confused over not being available.

Cull24

Cull24
  • Forum User
  • 4 posts
  • Chris
Thanks for the reply. So does the estate have any drive modes because the one I saw did?

alexp999

alexp999
  • Forum User
  • 1388 posts
  • Dorset
  • Alex
  • Owns:Focus ST Mk4

Yes it's just the drive modes don't affect the ride. It will still change the steering, throttle, brakes, sound enhancement, etc.

damzen

damzen
  • Club Member
  • 29 posts
  • Andrew
  • Owns:FST5dr&ST170

I saw that advert if its the one i'm thinking of. It did indeed have the performance pack on that estate as it had track mode. But why does the UK configurator not include it? Is it only available from the dealer? 

All other adverts don't seem to have it included on places like Autotrader. Europe i believe does have it. 

Also your paying a few grand more for the Estate but receive less features from the performance pack of the hatch including ambient lighting (why?). Such a strange decision from Ford! 

I would love to know if the performance pack can be included on the ST Estate in the UK as it's confusing me with ones popping up on the market with it, but the configurators not including it?

Cull24

Cull24
  • Forum User
  • 4 posts
  • Chris
Im glad someone shares my confusion with this.
Ive since researched that the st is better in sport mode with the comfier/standard suspension rather than the performance pack adaptive dampers unless on track. So maybe this is fords intention that the estate is aimed at families probably with a dog so the stiffer suspension in sport mode is pointless.
But it would still be nice to be given the option.

Pitsparky

Pitsparky
  • Club Member
  • 77 posts
  • Brig
  • Owns:Mk4

Performance Pack is not on the UK ST Estate. Although The press cars had it, which was a bit of a con! The DCC is no miss, only acceptable setting is normal as sport and track are horrendous. The Estate has the big advantage of being able to select Sport without getting your head shook loose as the ride isn't bad, would be a fair bit better on 18" wheels. The annoying thing about it is the ambient lighting for some sackless reason that only Ford could explain is part of the pack which means the estate doesn't have the ambient lighting, proper cheapskates with that ! Also comes standard with wireless charging and handsfree powered tailgate, digital dash but has been robbed of the headlight washers, same as hatch. Only extra I would absolutely without doubt add is the BLIS, wouldn't be without that and it should also be standard. Everything else is included unless you want a big black hole in the roof and a CD player! 

• KD372a and damzen like this

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 719 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.
I have my ST and the wife has a Kuga, for the dog ( no way would I have the dog in my car😁), you could do a similar thing and keep the RS, probably save a few quid as well, plus the mk4 aint pretty imho.
  • NickFST3 likes this

damzen

damzen
  • Club Member
  • 29 posts
  • Andrew
  • Owns:FST5dr&ST170

Ah the one on autotrader was a probably an ex-press car then or a manager special. Thanks for clearing that up. A very rare number in the country have the perf pack on the estate then minus the CDD. Very interesting and a rare few  to keep an eye out for!

Pitsparky

Pitsparky
  • Club Member
  • 77 posts
  • Brig

The MK4 is a cracking car, far better than all before it, take no notice of the normal negatives from the clan on here :brow: . And more than a match for any previous RS plus a LAB in a cramped RS would be fun getting bounced all over the place! If you want a new car the ST estate looks and is fantastic. It has no competition in manual form, so no competition! Only Has poor competition in the VRS Octy auto,  if you want a SHKODA or the Golf R if you want to spend a lot more, although not available yet. leon Cupra could be an option in Auto (sadly) if and when available

Cull24

Cull24
  • Forum User
  • 4 posts
  • Chris

I have my ST and the wife has a Kuga, for the dog ( no way would I have the dog in my car😁), you could do a similar thing and keep the RS, probably save a few quid as well, plus the mk4 aint pretty imho.

I would be keeping the RS if I had the space but I havent. It would be garaged and saved for when my sons older. I love my fast fords, especially my RS but I think the st estate is a good compromise. I agree the mk4 isnt the best looking but its growing on me.
The other thing is with the Rs, if I keep it and in 20 years its grown in value like the Cossies, I wont want to put miles on it or sell it so its just going to be an ornament. Ive currently put 37000 miles on it, had my fun going sideways at every opportunity and used it instead of making it a weekend car. So I hope someone else can buy it and have there fun in it too.
  • sttwoton likes this

Pitsparky

Pitsparky
  • Club Member
  • 77 posts
  • Brig

Ah the one on autotrader was a probably an ex-press car then or a manager special. Thanks for clearing that up. A very rare number in the country have the perf pack on the estate then minus the CDD. Very interesting and a rare few  to keep an eye out for!

No, if its one of the oddball press cars from mid 2019 they had the full Performance pack WITH DCC. The performance pack has never been an option on the UK estate. I wouldn't get hung up about the performance pack. The DCC suspension is not worth having unless you get pleasure in being bounced around all over the place with no other advantages whatsoever, only miss is the Ambient lighting IMHO

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 719 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev

I would be keeping the RS if I had the space but I havent. It would be garaged and saved for when my sons older. I love my fast fords, especially my RS but I think the st estate is a good compromise. I agree the mk4 isnt the best looking but its growing on me.
The other thing is with the Rs, if I keep it and in 20 years its grown in value like the Cossies, I wont want to put miles on it or sell it so its just going to be an ornament. Ive currently put 37000 miles on it, had my fun going sideways at every opportunity and used it instead of making it a weekend car. So I hope someone else can buy it and have there fun in it too.

Im with you with that one bud, terrible waste leaving a car sat in a garage doing next to nothing, these cars are meant to be driven, hope you find what you need and enjoy it.

NickFST3

NickFST3

Previously nickst500

• Club Member
  • 5490 posts
  • Lincolnshire
  • Nick
  • Owns:Mk3.5 ST3

If I had an RS I would rather sell the wife let alone the dog if I had the choice and had to loose something!!!

In all seriousness though our current hound loves his car rides & sits/lies down quiet happily in the back of the old Mk2 & the current mk3 so I would keep the RS!! He is as big - if not bigger - than any Labrador?

Unless you want to swap your RS for my ST.................................... :whistle:

• damzen and sttwoton like this

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 719 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
Nice try buddy. 😆
  • NickFST3 and damzen like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users