Anyone on here a previous owner? - Focus ST Mk3 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

Anyone on here a previous owner?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

M1tch666

M1tch666
  • Club Member
  • 16 posts
  • Colin
  • Owns:2018 ST2

I've ordered my 2018 ST2 from Trust Ford Wilmslow , just wondered if the previous owner was a member and how the car was?

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

NickFST3

NickFST3
  • Club Member
  • 5568 posts
  • Lincolnshire
  • Nick
  • Owns:Mk3.5 ST3

Good try but I can unfortunately count the number of times a similar request has been successful on the fingers of one hand with said hand closed into a tight fist! We would like to think that every ST car & owner in the country is on this forum but sadly we are in the minority! You are much more likely to find the opposite unfortunately!

Unless the car has a forum sticker on it the chances are very slim and even then the person might have moved onto a different car & left the forum. There are only a very few Ford for Lifers like me on here!! Many other people come & go as they move onto other cars - like Vauxhalls - which is wrong but is up to them..... In short I would just take the car as it is, welcome to the forum, & be prepared for your wallet to become a lot lighter when the modding bug bites...............

No matter how much you keeping telling everyone that the car will remain standard.................................. :bleh:

• Siye ST likes this

M1tch666

M1tch666
  • Club Member
  • 16 posts
  • Colin
Hi, it was a long shot and the cars being transported half way across the country. Disclock already ordered as well as a few minor mods, just need to convince the Mrs it needs more power.....

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 685 posts
  • Alan
  • Owns:St500

Hi, it was a long shot and the cars being transported half way across the country. Disclock already ordered as well as a few minor mods, just need to convince the Mrs it needs more power.....

mine paid for my cp 320 for crimbo for me 🥰

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 936 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.
Nick, Vauxhall 🤮??? How dare you say such a wicked thing, wash your mouth out ( you were waiting for that response, werent you?). 😆
  • NickFST3 and Noisy Boy like this

Srea064

Srea064
  • Forum User
  • 305 posts
  • Wakefield
  • Steve
  • Owns:MK3 Focus RS
Astra J VXR is a far better car than the MK3 Focus ST. Fact!

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 936 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
🤢🤢🤮.
  • NickFST3 and Siye ST like this

Siye ST

Siye ST
  • Club Member
  • 134 posts
  • Siye
  • Owns:Focus Mk3.5

Eww thats never a fact. Im assuming this is a joke :) YUK!

• NickFST3 and sttwoton like this

M1tch666

M1tch666
  • Club Member
  • 16 posts
  • Colin

Except they're still using their dashboards from the 90s...
  • NickFST3, Kingpen1971, Srea064 and 1 other like this

NickFST3

NickFST3
  • Club Member
  • 5568 posts
  • Lincolnshire
  • Nick

mine paid for my cp 320 for crimbo for me

Definitely a keeper then - Lucky you - can yours have a word with mine then & persuade her in the error of her ways?!?!

Nick, Vauxhall ??? How dare you say such a wicked thing, wash your mouth out ( you were waiting for that response, werent you?).

Me. Do that?!?! Never...................................... :thumbsup:

• sttwoton likes this

NickFST3

NickFST3
  • Club Member
  • 5568 posts
  • Lincolnshire
  • Nick

Remember the saying it isn't how fast do you want to go - it's how fast can you afford to go...........................

Srea064

Srea064
  • Forum User
  • 305 posts
  • Wakefield
  • Steve

Except they're still using their dashboards from the 90s...

Maybe so, Ill give you that one. But with 280BHP and a mechanical slip diff as standard. It doesnt tramline all over the road.

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 936 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
That is Vauxhalls 🤮 flagship model, whereas Fords flagship is the RS, which would you rather have?
  • Siye ST likes this

Srea064

Srea064
  • Forum User
  • 305 posts
  • Wakefield
  • Steve
I had a 2015 Astra J VXR, from new until 2017.

I then needed more practicality, so traded it for a 2016 ST3 250. The ST was a great car to look at, but no where near as good at getting the power down, so much so in fact that I sold it after only 10 months of ownership.

I also could not believe how quickly the suspension arms and under car components were starting to rust. Ford are real cheap skates when it comes to rust protection.

I traded the ST for a MK3 RS, miles better at getting the power down, but dont use it in snow or wet conditions due to fear of rust. I still have it to this day, but drive a Freelander as my daily.

NickFST3

NickFST3
  • Club Member
  • 5568 posts
  • Lincolnshire
  • Nick

So you went from the Vauxhall flagship car to the ST - which although it may offend a few people on here is not the Ford flagship vehicle & complained it wasn't as good? Then traded up to the flagship RS model - which has more power & 4WD etc over the VXR - & have kept that over the VXR???? 

Nuff said really!!!

:thumbsup:

p.s. when the arms rust it is a good excuse to swap out to Hardrace components which then don't rust, don't wear so quickly, & perform better................... :whistle:

p.p.s my 315bhp Mk3.5 has no issues getting the power down unless the roads are really wet however I have noticed that the tyres have to be very good makes. When I first got the car it couldn't even handle the standard 250bhp! However my right foot is also slightly 'heavy' as well which doesn't help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users