71 replies to this topic

annegirvan

annegirvan
  • Club Member
  • 40 posts
  • Anne
  • Owns:Mk2 Focus ST

I wished I actually owned an ST and not a Vauxhall astra   :sob:  :sob:  :sob:

:shout:   'Vauxhall till I die, I am Vauxhall till I die, I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Vauxhall till I die' 

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

annegirvan

annegirvan
  • Club Member
  • 40 posts
  • Anne

Give her a break guys, I think Anne is on her 'female month'  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I’m well beyond “a female month”lol. 

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 1105 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.
Thats the biggest insult you can direct at any self respecting Ford fan. 😁
  • Mart1976 and NickFST3 like this

annegirvan

annegirvan
  • Club Member
  • 40 posts
  • Anne
Did you mean to have a question mark somewhere in that comment?

annegirvan

annegirvan
  • Club Member
  • 40 posts
  • Anne
Sorry , Kev. as a retired teacher ,the lack of syntax and general slack grammar amongst forty somethings and above really bugs me.
  • Noisy Boy likes this

AndyC71

AndyC71
  • Club Member
  • 718 posts
  • Somerset
  • Andy
  • Owns:CP340exMR290
Given his well documented lack of admiration for the Vauxhall brand, I am sure he has just missed the word 'is' between 'that' and 'the'.

I am sure that most of us, who will read that comment will understand what he is trying to say, and will not feel the need to raise it.

My ethos is no one is better than anyone else.

Just for the record when I went to school, I did remember that commas were to be located after a word and there shouldn't be a space before entering a comma....just sayin'.
  • Jason Sullivan, Mart1976, NickFST3 and 1 other like this

WelshGeoff

WelshGeoff

South Wales Regional Rep

• Regional Rep
  • 7188 posts
  • God's Country
  • Geoff
  • Owns:M235

:shout:   'Vauxhall till I die, I am Vauxhall till I die, I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Vauxhall till I die' 

Well that won't be very long, with all that understeer  :whistle:  :lol:  :lol:

• Mart1976, NickFST3, Noisy Boy and 3 others like this

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 1105 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
[quote name="annegirvan" post="7243433" timestamp="1612743022"]

Did you mean to have a question mark somewhere in that comment?[/quote
No question mark, when its a statement of fact. They are the worst thing anyone attached wheels to. 😆
  • AndyC71 likes this

Jason Sullivan

Jason Sullivan
  • Club Member
  • 2911 posts
  • Caerphilly South Wales
  • Jason
  • Owns:MK3 RS

You own a Vauxhall...OMG  :facepalm:

• Mart1976, Magners1, sttwoton and 1 other like this

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 1105 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
🤢🤢🤢🤮, will you please stop saying that v word?
  • Mart1976 likes this

Mart1976

Mart1976
  • Club Member
  • 4082 posts
  • Essex
  • Marty
  • Owns:ST225(CP320)

Given his well documented lack of admiration for the Vauxhall brand, I am sure he has just missed the word 'is' between 'that' and 'the'.
I am sure that most of us, who will read that comment will understand what he is trying to say, and will not feel the need to raise it.
My ethos is no one is better than anyone else.
Just for the record when I went to school, I did remember that commas were to be located after a word and there shouldn't be a space before entering a comma....just sayin'.

To be honest pal my grammar is terrible ...I learned some things at school but using my hands taking things apart and putting them back together is my main understanding and the theory of how something works ..
On the other hand I'm always willing to listen to someone willing to teach something new ...inspiration is everything ..I've always believed that celebrities of this world used a particular part of their body to become famous ....some can't even spell but somehow still made it ..
  • AndyC71 likes this

AndyC71

AndyC71
  • Club Member
  • 718 posts
  • Somerset
  • Andy
  • Owns:CP340exMR290

To be honest pal my grammar is terrible ...I learned some things at school but using my hands taking things apart and putting them back together is my main understanding and the theory of how something works ..
On the other hand I'm always willing to listen to someone willing to teach something new ...inspiration is everything ..I've always believed that celebrities of this world used a particular part of their body to become famous ....some can't even spell but somehow still made it ..

Totally agree......as I have stated on several occasions I am really envious of those that can use a set of spanners and not blink at what they do. Those that talk about fitting their own LSD, changing any part on their car, even block mod the engine!!

Everyone has strengths and weaknesses and it is about embracing those strengths and not highlighting the weaknesses. I have yet to find out what I am good at though  :lol: .

I saw one of those inspirational quotes the other day, and I usually laugh at them, but this one summed it up nicely: -

When a Baby takes its first steps and then falls over.....you never concentrate on the fall, but the fact those steps have been taken, and this is how you should treat others in life.

• Mart1976 and kiemuloly like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users