One owner :st: - Page 3 - Focus ST Mk2 Non Technical Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

One owner :st:

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

NickFST3

NickFST3

Previously nickst500

• Club Member
  • 5490 posts
  • Lincolnshire
  • Nick
  • Owns:Mk3.5 ST3

On my old 500 I was the 2nd owner but the first owner only had the car for around 2 months & did 25 miles in her before deciding she didn't like it as it was too powerful & too heavy on fuel....... How she could work that out only having done 25 miles I don't know!! Plus what did she think a 2.5T would 'perform' like??!!!

So in essence I was the first real owner of the car and she ended up having done a lot more than 25 miles & was quite heavy on fuel towards the end.............. :whistle: She was on nearly 100K when she got traded in & the clutch was slipping quite badly................ :whistle:  :whistle:

• Mick.M and Mart1976 like this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Zander69

Zander69
  • Forum User
  • 3 posts
  • Zander
  • Owns:Ford ST MK2

Early one owner cars are very rare.

Not sure if it makes a great difference to their value though.

Agree with this. Will obvs add some value on as it is always good to know one owner has kept the car. If I buy a car if I don't trust the owner I don't like to buy the car. A bit OTT I know but had a few bad experiences, one been that I turned up and there was no car. Instead a group threatening to steal my car and cash  :brow:  :lol:

FastEddie

FastEddie
  • Forum User
  • 4024 posts
My 2008 car had 1 prev owner who only did 11k miles in its first 4 years ! Hence it was like new when I got it in 2012. :thumbsup:

I mapped it straight away and its still on the original clutch at 55k miles - and these were mostly hard driven city miles. :woohoo:

The car has been super-reliable with even the original battery lasting 12 years ! And the air-con is still cold and never been re-gassed. :bow:

The only fail was a leak in the boost pipe but everything else is still original and working. :yep:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users