32 replies to this topic

Mick.M

Mick.M
  • Club Member
  • 4594 posts
  • Uxbridge
  • Mick
  • Owns:ST225
Just wondering how many one owner cars are in the owners club, my car was purchased new in 2007 currently sitting on 62,000 miles.

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

pchilds1

pchilds1
  • Club Member
  • 83 posts
  • Basildon
  • Peter
Me....March 2007...111,000 miles....although now I only do about 4K a year.
  • Mick.M likes this

Mick.M

Mick.M
  • Club Member
  • 4594 posts
  • Uxbridge
  • Mick

Me....March 2007...111,000 miles....although now I only do about 4K a year.

That's two of us so far Peter :thumbsup:
  • Bigayal likes this

pchilds1

pchilds1
  • Club Member
  • 83 posts
  • Basildon
  • Peter
Although most mechanical bits have been replaced since then...I think only the gearbox, front callipers, ABS unit and front wheel bearings haven’t been replaced...at least once !

The diff is being replaced soon with the Quaife LSD (and an RS clutch will be fitted at the same time).
  • Mick.M and Bigayal like this

Alb

Alb
  • Administrator
  • 23573 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Alb
  • Owns:Mk2 RS MP350

Early one owner cars are very rare.

Not sure if it makes a great difference to their value though.

• Mick.M and Zander69 like this

sobpd1

sobpd1
  • Club Member
  • 243 posts
  • UK

mines a nov 07 , 2 miles on clock when i drove it out of the dealers 126,000 miles later still loving and still on original clutch and as been mountuned since early09

• Mick.M, Mart1976, Noisy Boy and 1 other like this

pchilds1

pchilds1
  • Club Member
  • 83 posts
  • Basildon
  • Peter
I agree.

...and as I’m just about to spend another 2 grand on it with the lsd, clutch and timing belt (with water pump etc), it’s not going anywhere ... I hope !
  • Mick.M likes this

pchilds1

pchilds1
  • Club Member
  • 83 posts
  • Basildon
  • Peter
126,000 miles on the original clutch is nothing short of astonishing....in any car let alone a Mountuned ST.
  • Mick.M likes this

Mick.M

Mick.M
  • Club Member
  • 4594 posts
  • Uxbridge
  • Mick

Early one owner cars are very rare.
Not sure if it makes a great difference to their value though.

Agreed Alb, but it's easier for the potential new buyer to check what's been done to the car just chatting to the one owner, not that I'm selling mine anytime soon, as Peter says a lot has been changed on them.
  • pchilds1 likes this

MATT-ST-225

MATT-ST-225
  • Club Member
  • 235 posts
  • derbyshire
  • matt
  • Owns:silver st3

mines an 06 st3 thats just gone onto 90k miles but its had 2 owners.

still pretty good for a 15 yr old used car.

the wifes rav 4 is a 2002 d4d and that was a one owner from new when we bought it last year.

the old fella had had it 18years bless him and kept it immaculate but sadly had to quit driving now due to age.

it is nice to find something 1 person has cherished from being brand new after theyve paid top dollar for it.

• Mick.M likes this

kiemuloly

kiemuloly
  • Club Member
  • 2391 posts
  • Michael
  • Owns:Focus ST MK2

126,000 miles on the original clutch is nothing short of astonishing....in any car let alone a Mountuned ST.

Unless the mine was changed sub 50k, she made it to about that milage on the original clutch, admittedly she was only running about 240bhp for maybe 40k of those miles before the 280bhp map came in and overcome the clamping force, without the extra power the clutch would have soldiered on though.

Unfortunately mine doesn't fit into this topic, she's got a few previous owners but is probably just as good for a potential buyer- again not that she's going anywhere if I have a say on the matter
  • Mick.M likes this

Mart1976

Mart1976
  • Club Member
  • 3930 posts
  • Essex
  • Martin
Well mines Not a one owner ..I'm the third and it's on 56k..but it's the last of the Mk 2s on an 11 plate ..And I'm definitely not selling mine at all ...

@pchilds1 who's doing your diff and how much approx?
  • Shippo likes this

pchilds1

pchilds1
  • Club Member
  • 83 posts
  • Basildon
  • Peter
My local mechanic Ronnie...the one I trust most (he fitted my engine and has done lots of the other work too)...thankfully he’s back on the scene.

I don’t ask him a price as he does the work and tells me how much it is at end - I trust him implicitly.

I’ll let you know how much it is once he’s done it all.

The recent new intercooler and all associated pipe work, driveshaft and some other work was about £200 (I always bung him a few quid on top).

Dabhand16

Dabhand16
  • Club Member
  • 5078 posts
  • Dunstable Bedfordshire

Not quite a one owner from new, but my Son bought mine new in April 2006 and after he bought a house with the car a shade under 3 years old, I bought it from him.  So 2 owners, one family.  Now on 126k miles.

• Mick.M likes this

jboy

jboy
  • Club Member
  • 1051 posts
  • south wales
  • JOHN
When I purchased mine in 2010 it was on its 5th owner with 44k on the clock, it’s now 83k with me being no 6 .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users