Alonso - Media | Sport | TV & Film - Focus ST Owners Club

Alonso

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

GRP

GRP
  • Forum User
  • 436 posts
Just been watching F1 qualifying and the interviews after and the sound of Alonso driving his R25 driving his car.What a sound,sex on wheels,it made the hairs on my neck stand up and my skin had goose bumps.Two of my favourite CDs are of the McLarens of the late 80s and early 90s and of Damon Hill s championship winning Renault v10,my wife calls me a sad ***** when I play these when driving
  • Bob-H, sttwoton and Bigayal like this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 442 posts
  • Alan
  • Owns:St500

Just been watching F1 qualifying and the interviews after and the sound of Alonso driving his R25 driving his car.What a sound,sex on wheels,it made the hairs on my neck stand up and my skin had goose bumps.Two of my favourite CDs are of the McLarens of the late 80s and early 90s and of Damon Hill s championship winning Renault v10,my wife calls me a sad ***** when I play these when driving

I did a bit of cladding work at lotus earlier this year and whilst there they bought out the old jps one out for a few laps it was a privilege to hear that engine howl 🥰

K3FUS

K3FUS
  • Forum User
  • 4151 posts
  • North Norfolk
  • keith

Shows the rapid decline of F1.

• NickFST3 likes this

Dabhand16

Dabhand16
  • Club Member
  • 5074 posts
  • Dunstable Bedfordshire

I've seen that feature several times now.  Those were the days - and the cars only weighed 500kgs!!

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 714 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.
Screaming V10 sounds wonderful, but dont forget, the current hair dryer F1cars are the fastest ever and the heaviest too.
  • Jared and Bigayal like this

Verodrive

Verodrive

Formerly Azionamento

• Sponsor
  • 2715 posts
  • Bristol, UK
  • Martin
  • Owns:ST250

Screaming V10 sounds wonderful, but dont forget, the current hair dryer F1cars are the fastest ever and the heaviest too.

True but I really hope the 2022 regs allow the cars to make more noise...the ear-splitting scream of an older F1 car at full throttle is just wonderful, spectacular and missed by a lot of fans  :yep:

• NickFST3, Bob-H, sttwoton and 2 others like this
Martin
Advanced Driving Instructor - www.verodrive.co.uk

Alb

Alb
  • Administrator
  • 23564 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Alb
  • Owns:Mk2 RS MP350

Old but good......

• Jared, scobie140, GRP and 2 others like this

Dabhand16

Dabhand16
  • Club Member
  • 5074 posts
  • Dunstable Bedfordshire

This is a 1953 V12 BRM on the road with snow on the ground!

V12 Matra at Monza  The cars are more like go-carts!

V10 Ferrari

Onboard lap of Rob Hall in the Matra MS670B/C overtaking Andy Newall in the McLaren M8F

Sports car so in cockpit view

• Alb, GRP and Bigayal like this

Sean B

Sean B

Whipping Boy

• Club Staff
  • 13174 posts
  • Oop north
  • Swifty
  • Owns:AMG C43

Shows the rapid decline of F1.

If the changes were not made to increase driver safety and make the cars fall more in line with emissions laws then F1 would be dead. At least the regulations that shape the sight and sound of the cars mean that it still exists as a sport.

K3FUS

K3FUS
  • Forum User
  • 4151 posts
  • North Norfolk
  • keith

If the changes were not made to increase driver safety and make the cars fall more in line with emissions laws then F1 would be dead. At least the regulations that shape the sight and sound of the cars mean that it still exists as a sport.

But that's the issue, it's been many years since F1 could be considered a sport (one in which you could expect excitement through not knowing the outcome and watching cars overtake each other on the track...wheel to wheel)

• NigelStap, NickFST3 and Bigayal like this

Sean B

Sean B

Whipping Boy

• Club Staff
  • 13174 posts
  • Oop north
  • Swifty
  • Owns:AMG C43

But that's the issue, it's been many years since F1 could be considered a sport (one in which you could expect excitement through not knowing the outcome and watching cars overtake each other on the track...wheel to wheel)

I still think this is the case for the most part. The only thing really making it a bit predictable is the strength of the Mercedes car, but it's always been the case that the teams with the most money get the most wins. That won't be the case for next season though with caps on development, spending and drivers wages - those new regs should even the playing field back out a little.

It should also be noted that it's been many years since anyone was killed or seriously injured because of the new regs that come in each year, that needs to be weighed up too. Just  a few years ago and Romain Grosjean would not have survived the accident he had this year.

• NickFST3 and Bigayal like this

GRP

GRP
  • Forum User
  • 436 posts
I find it hard to believe that Ferrari introduced the paddle gear change in 1989- 31yrs ago,where the hell did all that time go??
  • Bigayal likes this

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 714 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.
Its not always the case that the biggest spenders win, if thats the case, Ferrari would win every year, as they have the biggest budget.
  • Bigayal likes this

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 442 posts
  • Alan
  • Owns:St500

Thats from when I was doing their roof I think they were filming it for a documentary, it was loud even that far away ps it was quite high up and I only had 1 tier on so filming isnt the best 🤣🤣🤣

K3FUS

K3FUS
  • Forum User
  • 4151 posts
  • North Norfolk
  • keith

I still think this is the case for the most part. The only thing really making it a bit predictable is the strength of the Mercedes car, but it's always been the case that the teams with the most money get the most wins. That won't be the case for next season though with caps on development, spending and drivers wages - those new regs should even the playing field back out a little.

It should also be noted that it's been many years since anyone was killed or seriously injured because of the new regs that come in each year, that needs to be weighed up too. Just  a few years ago and Romain Grosjean would not have survived the accident he had this year.

Saftey is taken for granted thankfully now in motorsport, though 2014 (Jules Bianchi) isn’t that long ago and there have been some lucky escapes (that have prompted safety equipment such as the halo).

I don’t think people watch motorsport to see others die, they go for the excitement and F1 has been lacking that for many years now and the current regulations hardly help it.

• GRP likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users