Advertisement
  • Advertisement

teflonbilly

teflonbilly
  • Club Member
  • 843 posts
  • Billy
  • Owns:ST2 Mk2

I had a similar sort of thing about 10 years ago and worked ok.  But for a few quid more you will be able to get a bluetooth/wifi enabled adapter that will connect to your smartphone and offer much more functionality so don't waste your money on that.

justcos

justcos
  • Club Member
  • 671 posts
  • Livingston
  • Craig
  • Owns:Focus st3

I had a similar sort of thing about 10 years ago and worked ok.  But for a few quid more you will be able to get a bluetooth/wifi enabled adapter that will connect to your smartphone and offer much more functionality so don't waste your money on that.

Can you show me one please I have an apple phone 

STokes

STokes
  • Club Member
  • 593 posts
  • Dan
  • Owns:Focus ST2

Anyone have this and is it any good ? 

Cheap and nasty, only gives you half the info u need

Ive this, which gives u the fault code and also the fault its self so u don't have to google it, plus battery voltage & print out everything too

https://www.amazon.c...c_D-yUFbCX75PPV

snowblind

snowblind
  • Club Member
  • 1033 posts
  • Chris
  • Owns:ST225

The code reader you linked will read/clear codes and not much more. Very easy to use but it's functionality is limited.

Bluetooth adapters can do much more but you need a suitable app on your phone to use. TorquePro is cabable but I find the interface horrible, found Car Scanner nicer (and free). Had one adapter that just wouldn't communicate to the car and plenty of bluetooth connection issues. When they do work though you've got a lot of information at your fingertips. Handy to keep in glovebox and lend out.

I've just bought a Konnwei KW850 reader (very similar to the one STokes linked) paid £35. They can read/clear/lookup codes, read and graph live data from multiple inputs at once. It'll pay for itself if it saves you a trip to the garage to diagnose a running issue.

Alb

Alb
  • Administrator
  • 23388 posts
  • Gloucestershire
  • Alb
  • Owns:Mk2 RS MP350

There are some existing threads on this subject and they are well worth a read.

I agree with the view that it's a waste of money getting something this basic when there are better alternatives in the same price bracket.

Noisy Boy

Noisy Boy
  • Club Member
  • 2696 posts
  • Cheshire
  • David
  • Owns:ST3 MR 290

Anyone have this and is it any good ?

I have this, it turns off the EML lamp that started popping up after the decat went on so itll do for that, but I will get another type of reader that gives a bit more info after Christmas, probably the bluetooth type.

McGherkin

McGherkin
  • Club Member
  • 187 posts
  • McGherkin
  • Owns:Disguised ST

Just get a wifi ELM327 and use the DashCommand iOS app.

MATT-ST-225

MATT-ST-225
  • Club Member
  • 182 posts
  • derbyshire
  • matt
  • Owns:silver st3

i have the foxwell nt301 from amazon.

its always worked well and done its job/earnt its money.

not the cheapest at £109 but not the dearest either and has lots of functions.

• Noisy Boy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users