• Alb, Swifty1, NickFST3 and 5 others like this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

GRP

GRP
  • Club Member
  • 422 posts
They have a big market potential with mk2RS/ST owners,I hope they start making parts for these cars again eg.MR310 kit,air boxes etc as well as cosmetic accessories eg. side splashes,spoilers etc.It would cost me fortune but it would be worth it
  • PaulG and ECGadget like this

jameo

jameo
  • Club Member
  • 41 posts
  • Bristol
  • James
  • Owns:ST Mk3.5
Thats great news, a good bunch of guys over there, sure they must all have a weight lifted!! Hoping they may tinker with the mk3 st a bit more, an MR400 that they can actually sell would be good!!
  • Swifty1 and PaulG like this

Noisy Boy

Noisy Boy
  • Club Member
  • 2629 posts
  • Cheshire
  • David
  • Owns:ST3 MR 290
Its good news that a British business has been saved from oblivion.
  • PaulG, NickFST3, ECGadget and 1 other like this

sttwoton

sttwoton
  • Club Member
  • 346 posts
  • Somerset
  • Kev
  • Owns:ST3 MK3.
I guess they will just concentrate on current model range, I can see the terrible Puma ST will be a big favourite with them, but then again, Im not sure hair dressers like to tune their cars. 😆
  • NickFST3 likes this

Jason

Jason
  • Club Member
  • 852 posts
  • jasoncmor
  • Owns:PB ST225
Wonder if you can puma swap a fiesta with the current models, like you used to be able to do with the mk4/5 fiesta and original puma

McGherkin

McGherkin
  • Club Member
  • 182 posts
  • McGherkin
  • Owns:Disguised ST

2/10 for press release writing. Honestly looks like it's been written by the apprentice.

• PaulG likes this

Noisy Boy

Noisy Boy
  • Club Member
  • 2629 posts
  • Cheshire
  • David

I guess they will just concentrate on current model range, I can see the terrible Puma ST will be a big favourite with them, but then again, Im not sure hair dressers like to tune their cars.

The new Puma is a horrible car and if its anything like the mk4 Focus I drove at work, then the build quality won't be great, to me it just felt cheap and nasty inside.
Same as VW, I watched a review of the new ID3 and they said the interior fit and finish quality was extremely poor for a VW, probably due to all those fines from the Dieselgate fiasco, they've had to save somewhere.
  • FastEddie likes this

PaulG

PaulG
  • Club Member
  • 2966 posts

The new Puma is a horrible car and if its anything like the mk4 Focus I drove at work, then the build quality won't be great, to me it just felt cheap and nasty inside.
Same as VW, I watched a review of the new ID3 and they said the interior fit and finish quality was extremely poor for a VW, probably due to all those fines from the Dieselgate fiasco, they've had to save somewhere.

Nosies from Ford ex-colleagues of mine are suggesting they expect the Puma ST to outsell the Fiesta ST...

Noisy Boy

Noisy Boy
  • Club Member
  • 2629 posts
  • Cheshire
  • David

Nosies from Ford ex-colleagues of mine are suggesting they expect the Puma ST to outsell the Fiesta ST...

Really?
I hope not, the mk8 Fiesta ST is a cracking car. The Puma ST is just a bit big to be a proper hot hatch....imo

NigelStap

NigelStap
  • Club Member
  • 4074 posts
  • Norwich
  • Nigel
  • Owns:ST225

They have a big market potential with mk2RS/ST owners,I hope they start making parts for these cars again eg.MR310 kit,air boxes etc as well as cosmetic accessories eg. side splashes,spoilers etc.It would cost me fortune but it would be worth it

Any car that is out of production is a shrinking market. The numbers on the road can only decrease.

PaulG

PaulG
  • Club Member
  • 2966 posts

Any car that is out of production is a shrinking market. The numbers on the road can only decrease.

True, but the Mk2 RS boys are clamouring for Mountune parts re-runs. 

I’d have thought it was relatively little effort to do re-runs of some Mk2 stuff.  

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 121 posts
  • Alan
  • Owns:St500
Attached File  39938B3A-53EC-424C-999F-F5E0DD04ACEF.png   275.17KB   0 downloadsAttached File  32B979B5-EE1C-400F-9211-94D4FAD2485D.png   331.14KB   0 downloadsAttached File  C85F03ED-A1D7-4DCC-ABAB-61382F7D9E84.png   286.57KB   0 downloadsAttached File  9734AC33-3053-4BF7-B399-4F331B6B9877.png   267.04KB   0 downloads
Took 17 days to get a reply 🙄 from the sounds of that they are phasing out the mk2 upgrades

NigelStap

NigelStap
  • Club Member
  • 4074 posts
  • Norwich
  • Nigel
  • Owns:ST225
They are looking towards tuning electric powertrains. They are leaving the Mk2 Focus behind and probably will start to wind down on Mk3 Focus as well.
  • Bigayal likes this

Noisy Boy

Noisy Boy
  • Club Member
  • 2629 posts
  • Cheshire
  • David
That's a shame. It looks like the EV is being forced upon us by the enviro nutters. EV's will come with their own problems I think.
  • Bigayal likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users