Any motorbike owners? - Page 2 - General Topic Discussion - Focus ST Owners Club

Any motorbike owners?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Hudson1984

Hudson1984
  • Club Member
  • 80 posts
  • Sam
  • Owns:Focus ST Mk2

I had a CBR600, that I intended to stiffen up the brake pedal as it felt loose, buying that 1 replacement bolt turned into a complete resto project down the the frame. 

all powder coated and done. 

it was fun but I never really got the thrill of the bike. I was either really cold or really sweaty. Absolutely soaked when it rained and in general not very comfortable. Didn't like the wind over my head when looking to overtake etc. 

I was expecting this wave of "wow I love this" as I enjoy speed, but for me, the car was always more fun, more comfortable and more practical. When the dog and kids came along it wasn't used at all so has now been sold and replaced with a home bar in the garage haha. 

I love bikes, just don't seem to enjoy riding them it seems - that being said, i'd still like a nice cruiser, like the new speedmaster. They were really comfy to ride. 

It's funny, on a bike I liked being slower and looking around rather than racing around. 

• caprixpack likes this

Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 114 posts
  • Alan
  • Owns:St500

I had a CBR600, that I intended to stiffen up the brake pedal as it felt loose, buying that 1 replacement bolt turned into a complete resto project down the the frame. 

all powder coated and done. 

it was fun but I never really got the thrill of the bike. I was either really cold or really sweaty. Absolutely soaked when it rained and in general not very comfortable. Didn't like the wind over my head when looking to overtake etc. 

I was expecting this wave of "wow I love this" as I enjoy speed, but for me, the car was always more fun, more comfortable and more practical. When the dog and kids came along it wasn't used at all so has now been sold and replaced with a home bar in the garage haha. 

I love bikes, just don't seem to enjoy riding them it seems - that being said, i'd still like a nice cruiser, like the new speedmaster. They were really comfy to ride. 

It's funny, on a bike I liked being slower and looking around rather than racing around. 

I just enjoy not ever getting stuck behind anything and just riding aimlessly just seeing where the road you always pass goes and then turning wherever whenever and seeing where it leads 👍 I go on holiday with a few mates to the Lake District every year in our bikes and its absolutely amazing with all the stunning views and awesome roads 🥰
  • caprixpack likes this

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 114 posts
  • Alan

Now I am over 60 and thinking back to my biking days, I shudder with horror of what I sometimes used to wear in the summers of 76 and 77...T shirt, shorts and plimsolls...even coming off at 10 mph it wouldve caused quite a bit of damage to my skin...utter madness...I did have one bad accident, but thankfully on that day it must been chilly because I had more kit on and soon after that my mum and dad gave me their car if I promised to sell it (Yamaha RD250C)....which I did very soon after the crash.

oooh an rd250 🥰 my mate has got an rd400 he bought new in 82 I love it , my first bike was an rd125 twin thats still the only bike I regret selling 😢

caprixpack

caprixpack
  • Club Member
  • 1344 posts
It didn't stay clean for long, while I still have to wait until December to do the CBT the empty field behind our house did just fine.
Attached File  IMG_19102020_180123_(1080_x_810_pixel).jpg   477.25KB   0 downloads
Attached File  IMG_19102020_200942_(1080_x_810_pixel).jpg   410.96KB   0 downloads
  • Bigayal likes this

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 114 posts
  • Alan
Attached File  223B1AAD-1F1F-4F5B-B12A-5E8C3DDD66BD.jpeg   291.51KB   0 downloads yours looks cool 😎 reminds me of Steve McQueen in the great escape 👍 thats my 125 I bought it sold unseen and its cost me a fortune and I havent even ridden it properly yet 😢

caprixpack

caprixpack
  • Club Member
  • 1344 posts
Yeah I'm definitely a fan of the retro looking bikes, although I'm probably going to ruin the look with the jacket that I've bought.
Attached File  Polish_20201020_164758298.jpg   814.52KB   0 downloads

Oh well at least I should be more visible.

Phill P

Phill P
  • Club Member
  • 764 posts
  • Paul
  • Owns:2006 st3
Mash x 650 is a nice looking retro trailbike if you get the bug but want new but cheapish

Bigayal

Bigayal
  • Club Member
  • 114 posts
  • Alan

Yeah I'm definitely a fan of the retro looking bikes, although I'm probably going to ruin the look with the jacket that I've bought.
Polish_20201020_164758298.jpg

Oh well at least I should be more visible.

as long as youre the most visible you can be and itll not disintegrate if you slide on thats all that matters 👍

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users